HomeMy StoryRecipes

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Mm, Mm GOOD!

I like to think of my mom as THE best cook ever, but some of her dishes can be, well a little fattening! So, I took this recipe of my mom's
and fixed it up a bit. It was DELICIOUS and HEALTHY too!!! Move It Momma's Chicken N Dumplings!
You'll Need:
2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
4-5 stalks celery with the ends, chopped
2 cups all purpose baking mix(I used Heart Healthy Bisquick)
2/3 cup nonfat milk
2 tbs flaxseed meal
salt/pepper to taste
Boil chicken until no longer pink, then add chopped celery and onion and continue to boil. When onions look transparent, add salt and pepper to taste(I added very little salt and 1 tsp pepper!), then simmer. In separate bowl, mix 2 cups baking mix, milk and flaxseed until soft batter forms. Bring chicken mixture back to a boil, add heaping teaspoon-sized dough balls into boiling mixture. Should make about 10 dumplings(serving size is 2 dumplings!). Cook uncovered for 10minutes while boiling, then cover and cook another 10 minutes. Serve hot and add whatever veggies you want to the mix as well, I'm sure carrots would have tasted great too,
but we were all out :(
*I added a little water to mixture before adding dumplings to reduce thickness.
This was DELICIOUS!!!
You should try some NOW, I mean it...RIGHT NOW :)


Today's workout:
45 minutes with different resistance on the spin bike. 20 minutes of toning (taught by myself, for myself in my living room...Ha!)

1 comment:

misszippy said...

That recipe looks fantastic--going to try it out. Thanks for stopping my my blog and for the nice comments!