HomeMy StoryRecipes

Sunday, October 17, 2010

did someone say, Burrito?!

Well, here ya go...
You'll need:
6 carb balance tortillas- I used Mission
1 lb ground turkey
2% shredded cheese of your choice!
1 can black beans
1 can refried beans
Topping options: salsa, tomatoes, avocado, lettuce
Brown turkey meat, drain and rinse black beans.
Spray Pyrex w/ cooking spray!
Heat oven to 375 degrees too!
Layer tortilla with layer of refried beans, black beans, cheese
and then turkey meat, seal off both ends of burrito
(so the goodies don't spill out!) and lay open side
down into pyrex and repeat until all filled.
Bake for about 15 minutes or until tortillas are slightly brown and crispy!
*I also put on high broil for about 2 minutes to get 'em extra crispy :)
Serve with any of the topping options listed above
and the serving is ONE burrito (keep portions in mind!)
I served them with sliced avocado-YUMMY!
These are VERY filling and DELICIOUS too!
My boys love them, but I don't make their burritos crispy,
I layer and make them quesadilla-style, just fold 'em over and enjoy!
Variation: If you like taco salad, you'll LOVE this...
Use same carb balance tortilla and roll up a ball of foil, lay tortilla over the foil,
bake for about 20-25min or until crispy, when you remove from oven,
they should be flipped over and be shaped like a "taco bowl"!
Fill w/ above ingredients and ENJOY! It's a nice way to repeat this meal
by changing up that one, simple step...
you'll think you're eating a totally different meal :)

3 comments:

M.O.T.B said...

Yummy! You need to make me a cookbook:)

Julie said...

I love it that this recipe is so simple you can throw it together on a busy weeknight. I haven't mixed black beans and refried beans together before but I'm wondering why, it sounds delicious!

Mama Hen said...

This looks delicious! I will have to try this! Have a great night!

Mama Hen