HomeMy StoryRecipes

Sunday, November 25, 2012

gettin' my run on! and a recipe too

I'm up to 4 miles/day about 5-6 days per week!  I'm feeling good and am hoping to up my mileage this week when the boys are back in school!  My boys do a great job of riding their bikes while I run, keeps me at a good pace and motivates me to run MORE and stop to rest LESS! 

It's RACE TIME!  
This weekend, on the 1st I'll be participating in a fundraising run/walk with my mom and my boys to benefit a woman from my mom's exercise class that was in a terrible boating accident and is now paralyzed.   
The 15th we'll be running with Santa!  The local gym is having their 1st annual Run/Walk with Santa and we can't wait!
...and more runs coming soon! I am feeling back to my old, running self again so that makes me happy!  I feel in the zone better than I have in months and there's no feeling like it!  Here's hoping the weight falls off because I definitely feel more toned 

Don't mind my tub in the background!!
 And although Texas weather was great for my Lucy compressions 
with temps in the 60's last week, today was about 80 and I was sweating!!  
Make up your mind, Lone Star State!  Let's pick one and stick with it!


And what's for dinner on a night when you haven't been to the grocery store in 2 weeks and you wanna make something healthy that doesn't involve turkey or dressing??

**Mexicorn Turkey Tostadas**
 1 lb lean ground turkey
1 can black beans, drained
1 can Green Giant Mexicorn with the juice
1/4 packet low sodium taco seasoning or use 2 tbs mix of cumin and chili powder
1/4 cup water
Brown meat, add ingredients and simmer until water is absorbed.
Serve on whole wheat tortillas 
*I pop mine tostada-style in oven at 400 for about 12 minutes until crispy, add Mexicorn Turkey mixture, a little cheese, salsa and plain Greek yogurt!  

My boys literally ask for this meal at least once a week!  It totally doesn't go together, but my son asks for Edamame with this...not even sure why!  Ha!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum, that sounds delish! I really wish I was a runner. But mostly I wish we lived near eachother so we could run together! The last time we ran together we were probably 15 and 16!!

Samantha said...

Edamame is so tasty too! This looks delicious and easy to make! Thanks girlfriend!

Elle said...

You look great! Hope you continue to enjoy your longer runs.

Sweat Is My Sanity said...

Way to go with your weekly miles. That recipe looks yummy too. I making turkey chili for din din...gotta use it up! :)

Mommy Minded said...

That sounds great and you look amazing!

Heather @ Operation Determination said...

Awesome job on your running and miles! You are looking great. I can't wait to try this recipe- it sounds tasty.