HomeMy StoryRecipes

Sunday, November 14, 2010

EASYand DELICIOUS!

YUMMY Bean Enchiladas
You'll Need:
1 can black beans-drained and rinsed
1 can refried beans
2 cans Healthy Request cream of chicken soup
1 can Rotel
Mission Carb Balance Tortillas
2% shredded cheese
1/4 pkg. low sodium taco seasoning
Mix black beans, refried beans and 1/4 pkg taco seasoning together, set aside.
Mix cream of chicken and Rotel, set aside.
Layer tortilla with bean mixture, then 2% cheese, roll up and layer in 13x9 pyrex.
Top tortillas with extra shredded cheese, then Rotel mixture!
Bake at 350 for about 30-40 minutes, until bubbly :)
This was a HUGE hit with the familly...next time I might even add ground turkey to the bean mixture??! And of course, I am SO sneaky and put flaxseed meal on top of cheese before adding Rotel mixture....I just can't help myself!!
ENJOY :)
Workout Tip:
Fall/Winter is a great time to find kid-friendly activities outdoors in your community! We are trying to make the downtown Reindeer Run (5K run/walk) a family tradition to keep us active during the holiday season...you might see if there's one near you?!

4 comments:

cooperl788 said...

I think you read my mind Marissa - I've been dreaming about enchiladas for weeks now, but have been struggling to come up with a healthy recipe. This looks like it will be an AWESOME dinner for me this week!

Anonymous said...

Your recipe looks delicious. Believe it or not, I've never used Rotel before (had to google it)! Lately, I've been using dried chipotle chili powder to add some extra heat to my recipes. My boys really like it ... which initially surprised me, but I guess their taste buds are getting braver!

Unknown said...

Sounds great! Great tip on working out during the holidays. If I could still run I think that would be perfect for me. For now I'll stick to the gym

Hannah said...

This sounds so good! And with me and my new workouts I have been really trying to eat better so it is always great to find a healthy mexican food recipe!