HomeMy StoryRecipes

Thursday, September 23, 2010

did YOU watch?

The season premiere was this week and I think I cried the ENTIRE two hours!
Was I alone?
It was soooo emotional, especially when the woman said her daughter had been starving herself because she didn't want to be fat like her mother. It tore me up. If this show isn't motivation, I'm not sure what is. The ONLY complaint that I have is that sooooo many people depend on the Biggest Loser for weight loss...
We ALL have that drive and strength behind us,
we just need someone there telling us that we CAN do it.
What I LOVED about this season starter was that they brought people that had found motivation AT HOME and they lost weight with NO help from others,
just the motivation they found from watching the show each week.
There were people that had lost over 100lbs with NO help at all!!
If you haven't watched this show and are willing...give it a chance. I think its great weekly motivation and it gets my head stirring on what I can do to promote healthy living in MY family here at home :)
and as a celebration of the Biggest Loser kick-off,
I have a delicious, healthy recipe to share!
Ranch Chicken:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast(I pound mine out for extra tenderness!)
light ranch dressing
Heat oven to 350
Dip chicken into ranch dressing, then into breadcrumb mixture, then onto baking sheet for 35-40 minutes until cooked and crispy on top!
**I serve this with sauteed zucchini. I slice 2-3 zucchini's, saute with extra virgin olive oil
pepper and a small amount of garlic salt and parmesan cheese-a little goes a long way!
We ALL ate on our appetizer plates (smaller portions!) and enjoyed every bite together!
and for beverage...lemon water! YUM :)

3 comments:

cooperl788 said...

Yum! This recipe looks delicious! I loved watching Biggest Loser last night (from the DVR). I seriously bawled from start to finish. My favorite line was from the in-remission cancer patient: "We all have the choice to do what it takes to be at our own healthy weight." To me, that's pretty much what it boils down to.

Julie said...

Hey Marissa! You were the most popular recipe from Family Food Fridays for the last week - Congrats on your great recipe! You will be the featured recipe until the new winner is chosen next Friday. Come on by and grab a feature badge if you'd like, hope to see you again this week. :)

Rheanna Bristol said...

There were definitely highlights, I liked where the really pretty girl with the long hair ratted her mom out on National TV about the emotional abuse she gave her daughter for getting fat! That is Karma! Be good to your kids! She's forgiven her and all, but still...

I look forward to where there they are actually on the ranch. I felt bad for the people who didn't make it.