HomeMy StoryRecipes

Friday, December 3, 2010

a cake from a website I L.O.V.E!

Apple Cake
(As Seen On Meal Makeover Moms' website HERE!)
I sprinkled powdered sugar on top to make it look even BETTER!

If you haven't heard of the Meal Makeover Moms', then you're missing out and should go and check them out NOW! They are Moms that make Healthy meals that are kid-tested and approved! Check out this delicious, Apple Cake recipe they recently posted on their site! YUM and as always, I added my flaxseed meal and made it EVEN better! This was SOOO good, and the entire family LOVED it! The apples were so moist and delicious,
I used Gala because its what I had already in the house.
They have a cookbook out right NOW(my son's picture is in it because we helped test one of their delicious recipes!) that's called "NO WHINE WITH DINNER" and you can buy it HERE
This is where I find a lot of inspiration for healthy meals for my family...
So, HOW DO YOU MAKE SURE WHAT YOU'RE COOKING
IS HEALTHY FOR YOUR FAMILY??

9 comments:

sara said...

Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing. I am going to have to look into getting one of those cookbooks!!

Anonymous said...

Marissa:
Thanks for your lovely post. Glad you enjoyed the apple cake. Great idea to add the ground flax. A makeover of our makeover! Can't wait to hear what you think of No Whine with Dinner. We just sent a copy to the Today Show ... so cross your fingers that they like it.

cooperl788 said...

This is awesome! I'm popping over to go look at the link now. To make sure my family is eating healthfully, I try to remember that half the plate should be veggies, and only a small amount needs to be protein. That, and I look through my healthy cooking magazines before I make my menu. Their recipes are what I normally go for.

Unknown said...

Yum Yum Yum! Nothing spells winter and comfort better than warm apple cake. Thanks for sharing and congrats to your son on being featured! have an excellent weekend!

Unknown said...

Thanks Marissa! Last time I made it to week 6 and then fizzled out, but I saw great results in just six weeks. This time I am determined to go all the way.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm always trying to find new ways to make a meals healther. I'm so glad I came across your blog on Follow Me Chickadee! I am a new blogger and just became a follower on your site. I would love it if you could return the favor.

http://rufinasreviews.blogspot.com/

Mandee said...

Yummy! Why have I never been to this blog? I am going to go through your recipes this week and make some of them!!! :)

Jenn said...

That looks really good!! I can't wait to check out the rest of your blog! :D
Thanks for stopping by and I'm your newest follower now. :)

Jennifer

Heather said...

This looks great! I try to incorporate lots of fresh fruits and veggies and at least once a week make a meatless meal. I'm your newest follower from Welcoming Wednesday. :-)

-The Menu Mama