HomeMy StoryRecipes

Saturday, July 2, 2011

It's TIME!

It's time for the Independence virtual 5K!
Are you ready to race? If you've signed up, you have July 3rd-9th to complete the race!
Remember, it's not about speed...you are doing this to have fun, be healthy and maybe win some great prizes too! Right? RIGHT!
Distance: 3.1 miles at your favorite location...on the pavement or the treadmill!
If you received your BIB from me, feel free to fill in your favorite # and/or your blog name! *Extra entry for taking a picture of yourself competing in the race or in your favorite 4th of July attire! Your picture just might be featured, so have FUN and be creative :)

Make sure you email me at rissarose80@yahoo.com with your finishing time. And picture, which is optional.
Participants will be able to sign up throughout the week, as long as they complete the race by the 9th, so keep spreading the word about this FUN and FREE virtual race!
To the participants: Thank you SO much for making this race a huge success and getting the message out there! I had SO much fun organizing, creating and getting sponsors for this race! Even if this is your first 5K, as long as you're out there doing your best and moving, you are succeeding! And look at all of the motivation with our virtual group of blog buddies doing it with you! To those dealing with INSANE heat, like we are here in Texas...hang in there!
Let that sweat pour down as you run to that finish line!!!

GOOD LUCK and HAVE FUN!!! Lots and lots of FUN! And Happy 4th of July!
Love,
The Move It Momma
*anybody notice that I've joined the world of Twitter?! Oh wow, it took me three days to figure out how to "tweet", but I think I got it! I'm still not a FB girl, but I figured Twitter was a step in the right direction? We'll see how it goes!

12 comments:

misszippy said...

Would that I could Marissa!

Terri said...

Hey, I'd love a reason to run a 5K tomorrow - can I sign up? Thanks!

Unknown said...

How do I sign up? Thanks!

Megan said...

I wanna join! I just saw the link from Just Trying is for Little Girls' facebook. I'm a new follower. I'm not a momma (yet), but I love to run and blog! How do I join?

Amy said...

I emailed you to join, but forgot to say that I saw the link to this from the Just Trying is For Little Girls FB page as well.

mom27g said...

I would like to sign up - I also saw this link on Just trying for Little Girls FB page :)

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog, but I'd like to sign up! I'm going to run 5K tomorrow.

Penny said...

I would love to do this independence virtual race. Can I still sign up?

My email is pinkhatrunner@hotmail.com

Christy J said...

Here's my race report :)

Christy J said...

Oops: http://anothermiledown.blogspot.com/2011/07/independence-virtual-5k.html

juanitagf said...

I came over by way of (Just) Trying is for Little Girls. Can I still sign up? I am not nor will I be a mama. But I am a really terrific auntie!

Amanda said...

Just saw this on (Just) Trying is for Little Girls. I'm in:-)