HomeMy StoryRecipes

Sunday, October 23, 2011

a new show and lots of pumpkin...

I know that this time of year is to blame for all of my pumpkin cravings...I think I could add pumpkin to every recipe and I would still want more! So this weekend was whole wheat pumpkin pancakes and then today, whole wheat pumpkin bread! So GOOD! I make sure extra servings are ready to freeze immediately, that way we won't eat too many :)

Had a great, long run Saturday morning. Perfect weather here in Texas and I'd like it to stay this way for a LONG time! Not too hot and definitely not too cold, it's just right!! I am getting really excited about the half marathon. I know I still have a while, but something about the cooler weather is getting me totally pumped up! Ha, but it is technically about 11 weeks away...

and now for a new show that I found on TV yesterday morning...Live Big with Ali Vincent! Have you seen it? I had NO idea that this show exsisted until my mom called me on Saturday morning telling me to hurry up and turn on the TV! Woohoo,there she was! If you are not totally obsessed with Biggest Loser the way that I am, Ali was the first female winner and from Season 5! Now you can see her face associated with all things, Biggest Loser!
Amazing transformation and now she uses her "fame" to promote healthy living and shares her story with millions worldwide! And now obviously through her TV SHOW! very cool! It's on the Live Well Network, which I'm a little confused about because it aired here in Texas at 10:30am on ABC. The episode was pretty neat and was dedicated to an overweight, pre-diabetic woman struggling to change her lifestyle and she uses Ali's help, along with a personal trainer and more! They shared grocery shopping tips, recipes and lots of other healthy living tips throughout the 30 minute show. I was fairly impressed, but that might be because I love ALL biggest loser contestants and how they devote their time to spreading the message of healthy living and how change IS possible, at any time and any age!

And now just talking about it has me all excited for this week's Biggest Loser! Am I the only one who thinks Dolvett is a perfect fit, along with Bob? I'm not really feeling Anna AT ALL, but maybe I'm just bitter because for female trainers, Jillian cannot be matched! Ok, I'm going to stop, because at this point I sound totally obsessed....

9 comments:

Christy J said...

The weather in Texas is finally starting to feel like fall, isn't it? (Well, except that we'll be in the 80s again this week.) It's making those runs so much nicer...and making me crave pumpkin everything that much more!

Which race do you have coming up?

jillconyers said...

I'm the same way with pumpkin! I always want more. I would love to have your whole wheat pumpkin bread recipe :)

Not a BL watcher but the stories I've read are amazing. So inspiring. If I could fit TV into my schedule I'd probably watch it.

Katie @ Will Race for Carbs said...

Totally agree with the pumpkin stuff. Besides pumpkin pie, which I am not a fan of, I totally dig pumpkin food. I love shows like that. I think having been there myself, I love to see people change their lives. It is so inspiring and keeps me going.

WannabeRunner said...

Looooove Biggest Loser! I may or may not have a crush on Dolvett. :)

Emily - faliLV said...

Yes, I love Dolvett with Bob! Wish I knew where this show was on my stations! :)

Elle said...

Not loving any of the BL contestants this season.

Miss Jillian but I do like Anna. Dolvett is okay too.

Amanda@runninghood said...

Just found your blog through katie. Happy to find another good mama fitness blog!

Sam W. said...

i had no idea about this show - i love all things biggest loser!

Shabby Chic Mom said...

i had no idea about this how! off to find it and set the dvr!!