HomeMy StoryRecipes

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

recipes, workouts and MORE!

So many things to share...
MOST IMPORTANTLY, thank you!
I cannot tell you how much it means when I hear from my readers about how much they enjoy and are motivated by my words and actions!  It brings tears to my eyes and joy to my heart to know that my story and my way of life can somehow impact others.  Amazing!  There are no words...thank you.

If you want CHANGE, go for it!  But you won't find permanent change without the work.  Nothing comes easy.  It's the work that makes the reward so much better. 

*something to think about if you find yourself wanting to change but unsure of where to begin:
 I often hear, "I need to lose weight, but...", "I want to get in shape, but..."  or "I can't..." Basically you've set yourself up for failure before the journey even begins :( how unfortunate, right?  But that can change...

Try removing the excuse- that "but"or "can't" from that statement.  
Ask yourself what is holding you back from achieving that goal?  
Is it work, time, family, friends, being a mother, a wife?  
Or maybe it's fear?  
Or the thought of failing at something that you set out to reach?  
It's important to remember that we all deserve happiness and our best life.  We should put ourselves and our health as a priority.  Your body feels better when you nourish it with healthy foods and when you exercise, and that feeling reflects in your moods, your attitude, your quality of life...and the lives of others.  I promise. I know from experience.  I would set myself up for the defeat before I even TRIED.  MOVING is half the battle, the foods are another.  They must both be just right in order for that success to arrive!  There is no magic way...no pill, no smoothie or soup.  It takes WORK and DEDICATION and the ability to stop saying I CAN'T!
Will you try with me?  Make this week different from the others...

How about some recipes to make that journey a little easier?
  
Greek Chicken Salad
 You'll Need:
2 cups chicken breast, diced or shredded- you can use a rotisserie to save time!
1/4 cup diced celery
1/4 cup chopped purple grapes or you can use Craisins
1/4 cup plain, Greek yogurt-I used Chobani
1 tbsp mayo ( I used the one with evoo)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
Mix and enjoy!  This was creamy and delicious!  
My boys loved it on a wrap and my husband and I ate ours on a bed of mixed greens with a clementine :)
*You can probably leave out the mayo entirely, but the little tbs isn't going to hurt anybody! 
Remember moderation is key!!



Today's Workout:  Brad Gouthro Fitness, Live Lean Meltdown series...55 minutes of killer workouts!  He's a fellow FitFluential Ambassador with some great workout plans and YouTube videos!  You should definitely check them out :) and I finally bought some new workout clothes in a SMALLER size!!!  Woohoo!  

Greek yogurt apple dip
 You'll Need:
small container Chobani, plain Greek
cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
(you can use vanilla protein powder here as well, but I chose to leave it out since I was serving it to my kids)
Mix and enjoy!
I served with apple slices and the boys ate it all up!  Said my "dessert dip" was so yummy and that had to make a Momma feel good, right?  RIGHT!  I love cooking healthy meals for the boys and having them tell me how delicious they are!  Major cool points for Mom!  I am also thinking this dip would be delicious with bananas, graham crackers...endless dipping possibilities!


Yesterday's Workout:  I RAN FOR BOSTON.  As I said yesterday, I am no fast runner and will never qualify for such an amazing event with so many athletes across the world BUT my heart breaks for all those affected.  All those runners that spent countless hours pushing themselves further, faster, longer and to cross that finish line...only to have it cut short. I ran hard and did 3 miles, holding the hands of two people that inspire me daily, my boys!  It was so cool to see so many runners wearing their race shirts for support yesterday.   And then seeing the cities that organized "silent miles" for the victims...how amazing.   Brought tears to my eyes.  I am SO proud to call myself a runner, now more than ever.  What an amazing group of people!  I am one, proud RUNNER today and every day!  
As I was driving to pick up my son from preschool yesterday, I noticed a female runner on the side of a main street in town and she had a printed Bib for Boston.  I stopped in the middle of the street...it took my breathe away.  So incredible.  
I'm sure you all have amazing stories you can share as well and I'd love to hear about the support happening around you and where you live...



And now for 2, exciting products to share...

If you a follower of mine on Instagram you would have seen me post about these Sincerely Nuts that I was given the opportunity to taste test!  Wowza!!!  Delicious!  My youngest son, the picky eater said these were his favorite snack!  Too bad they're all gone :(  we'll definitely be purchasing more...many more!!
 We tried Garlic Pistachios, in the shell!  Oh my gosh, AMAZING!  The flavor, the freshness and the cute package!  If you are a lover of pistachios the way my family is, you'll appreciate these and want to add them to your grocery list each week!  And if they aren't your thing, check out their website for MANY other flavors and products...They have nuts, seeds, dried fruit, and chocolate too!  Mmmm...is your mouth watering yet?  MINE IS!


And what about My Fit Foods, 
“CLIENTS WORKING THEIR TAIL OFF IN THE GYM AND NOT GETTING THE RESULTS THEY SHOULD…EVERY PERSONAL TRAINER’S NIGHTMARE.  AS A PERSONAL TRAINER, I KNEW THAT NUTRITION WAS 80% OF MY CLIENT’S HEALTH AND FITNESS GOAL, BUT IT WAS THE ONE PART I COULD NOT CONTROL…OR COULD I?”    - MARIO
There is one coming VERY close to our area and that makes me SO happy since it's pretty tough to find healthy options-that are on the go, around here!  But say no more, My Fit Foods is coming next week!
I had the opportunity to try a few of their favorites,
The Chicken Berry Salad with 350 calories and 26 grams of protein.  It was TO.DIE.FOR good!
**You can find a sample menu here** but it will vary by location.


and then dinner was chicken, rice and broccoli.  Seasoned perfectly.  
Microwave for 2 minutes and DINNER IS SERVED!  
What a perfect solution to the busy life when there's no time for dinner and nothing is in the fridge waiting for ya!  It's an easy grab n go lunch when you forget to pack one, so find the My Fit Foods nearest YOU!!!  I can't wait to find out what you think!

Now get out there and make today INCREDIBLE!!!  Go for a walk during lunch.  Take time to prepare a healthy meal tonight for your family.  Find a My Fit Foods near you.  Take the stairs wherever you go.  Sign up for a 5K run/walk with friends and family.  Make today fabulous!  

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg garlic pistacios... must go buy!

Heather @ Operation Determination said...

I can't wait to try these recipes out on my boys! They sound wonderful! I also have a picky eater that might really like the Sincerely Nuts pistacios. I need to check out the flavors!

jillconyers said...

So much great info and the recipes...yum! Have a great day :)

Hollie said...

I love the Greek chicken. I make that all the time only I add spicy mustard instead of the mayo. I love it. I may have to try it with the mayo though. Those my fit foods look yummy!

Sweat Is My Sanity said...

Your advice on not allowing yourself to use the "but" word is SO SO TRUE. It's really key if you want to get it done already. Thanks for inspiring me to eat healthier and be diligent about it.

*CaNdY FiT* said...

Great recipes :)

Garlic Pistachios..yum!