1. I actually weighed myself this morning and am down 4lbs, but the bad news is that I changed a few things to my workouts and diet, so not sure which one made the weight finally move?! I'm going to use my health education background and say it was a combination of both and I totally stepped up my strength training with workout videos from home! Whatever resources you have, right? RIGHT!
2. Getting lots of emails regarding the Spring Fever race and remember you still have through the 15th to complete the 10k/5k, so it's NOT too late! I've had some really neat race finishes, some even battling snow and other conditions that I can't even imagine from here in Texas!
Thanks to all of my participants that pushed through to complete this race!
3. I will be running my 10k race on Thursday, so wish me luck!
I'm hoping to recruit my friend and she doesn't even know it yet....I'm so sneaky!
4. My son is ready for another race! I think we've got him hooked! He loves the races and of course, receiving his medal at the finish line, so my mission this week is to find a great, local race that's coming up soon!
5. We have a new wrap in this house that we're officially addicted to...would you like to try it? So simple, so here ya go! Take your tortilla of choice, ours is Ole high fiber/low carb, slice avocado, purple onion, 1/2 slice provolone cheese, cracked pepper turkey breasts slices, lettuce, and a tbs of ranch dressing...wrap it up and enjoy! My goodness it's good and addicting, so watch out! My husband has brought them to work every day since we created them over a week ago!
Yea, it's that good.
Yea, it's that good.
And now for another Pinterest-inspired recipe that is mouth-watering good!
From honeywhatscooking.com via Pinterest
Mexican Tortilla Pizza
Looks delicious, right? If you haven't figured it out, this is inspired by Taco Bell's Mexican pizza, which back in my super UN healthy eating days, these topped the list of my favorite fattening meals! They have taken that recipe and lightened it up and it's worth giving a try and think it'll turn out to be a family favorite in your house too!
Directions, taken from honeywhatscooking.com
NUTRITION: Whole Wheat Tortillas are a great source of Protein and Fiber. Beans are an excellent source of Protein and Fiber. Tomatoes are a good source of Vitamin A and C. Although high in fat, cheese is an excellent source of Protein and Calcium and should be eaten in moderation.
INGREDIENTS (makes 4 pizzas):
- Whole Wheat Tortillas – 8 tortillas (2 pieces for each pizza)
- Canola Oil – very small amount to glaze both sides of the tortilla
- Old El Paso Refried Beans – 1 (1 pound) can
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Onion – 1 small (diced)
- Paprika – 1 tsp
- Black Pepper – 1/4 tsp (or omit – you don’t really need it)
- Ortega Taco Seasoning – 1 tsp they make this low sodium too!
- Scallions – 1 bunch (chopped)
- Jalapeno – 1/2 a jalapeno (deseeded & finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1 (chopped)
- Whole Foods 365 Organic Salsa – enough to spread over the pizza (demonstrated below)
- Mexican Cheese Blend – enough to cover the pizza …you can use reduced fat cheese
- Sour Cream Reduced Fat – 1 dollop (optional) I would use plain greek yogurt as a substitute here.
Lightly drizzle oil onto tortillas and bake at 400 until crispy. Warm refried beans and add chopped onion and they seasonings. chop your veggies, and now layer bean mixture onto tortillas, add a little salsa to this layer and cover with second tortilla. spread a little salsa on top, then scallions and tomatoes, then jalapeno and top with cheese. Place in the oven for 12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Enjoy!