HomeMy StoryRecipes

Saturday, September 7, 2013

one day at a time...

"When I tried losing weight a million times, no matter the plan the outcome was always the same.  I’d lose 20-30lbs, feel great and then have a bad day, rebel from eating cabbage soup and it was back to bags of chips and fast food for me.  The weight would come creeping back on and before I knew it I had let myself down again."-The Move It Momma

Of course I still have my moments of doubt, lack of control, and those times where I wanna throw in the towel and say forget it...BUT
then I remind myself of who I used to be.  
That moment of weakness or doubt is less tempting because I used to be unhappy.  
The old me was tired of quitting and always giving up when things were hard.  
That's not me anymore.
So my advice today is,
Take it ONE DAY AT A TIME.
Your life won't transform overnight.  
You will make progress each day.  
Gaining a healthier way of life.  
And as you see the results and your body, your entire life and the lives of your family changing, you'll feel as I do.  Where that moment of quitting, doubt, lack of control and giving up, will go away for you too.
BE STRONG!


Move It Momma Banana Oat Muffins
You'll Need:
1 c whole wheat flour
1/2 c light brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp combo of cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger or "pumpkin pie spice"
1 whole egg + 1 egg white
2-3 ripe bananas
1/2 c oats
*optional: walnuts or fruits
Mash bananas and mix other ingredients in one, large bowl.  Stir until mixed completely.  I added a little drizzle of Almond Milk to add moisture to the mixture.  

Divide into mini muffin pan.
Preheat oven to 350 and Bake for 12-15 minutes or until top is golden brown.
I took these out, served and then portioned out 4 per container for quick, grab and go breakfast options for the kids!  
HUGE hit and very simple!  I'd probably double the recipe in the future, so that I have more to freeze! 
*Being prepared is key!  On a busy morning, I'm able to thaw and serve to the kids right away!  


My little man stretching right with Momma before our run.  
I am certain that the example my husband and I have set is making a difference in our boys.  They want to be healthy, always asking about healthy foods that make them stronger.  Doing exercises with us to be strong and healthy.  It's turning into their choice because of the choices we make together as a family...
I always want the best for them.  I want them to NEVER struggle with their weight/health as their father and I did.  Even if you've never been overweight or battled with health issues, PLEASE set positive examples for your family...you will be helping them for the rest of their healthy lives :)  


GREAT DEAL TO CHECK OUT ON SATURDAY :)
barre3 is taking over QVC (for real this time :) ) on Saturday, Sept. 7 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. EDT and offering viewers its premiere "28 to Great" Bundle at an unbelievable discount. Would you be interested in sharing this deal with your readers (details below)?

What is barre3?
Barre3 is an innovative fitness system and global network of studios inspired by the disciplines of yoga, Pilates and ballet barre work. Based on the importance of a balanced lifestyle, barre3 classes are designed to be accessible and transform the body through a focus on strength, grace and whole body wellness. 
What is "28 to Great"?
The ‘28 to Great’ Bundle includes all five barre3 DVDs, the custom core ball, a nutrition guide with recipes and a promotional code for 15 days of complimentary online workouts. A complete 28-day workout and nutrition plan, barre3’s exclusive 28 to Great plan is specifically designed to kick start body transformation, increase energy and lay the groundwork for consistent healthy living. Barre3 DVD and Online Workouts, the first barre fitness program available online, help craft amazing arms, gorgeous gams, a lifted seat and strong core. The multifunctional and travel-friendly barre3 Core Ball, specifically designed for barre3 workouts, is a multi-functional, travel friendly prop that supports practitioners in getting deeper into postures. 

Visit barre3.com for more details!!

Disclosure:  I received this information to share with my readers, a giveaway pack is headed your way as well as one for myself in exchange for my review/coverage of Barre3.  No other compensation was received. All opinions are 100% mine.  

No comments: