We are so used to the way our life is right now that we can't imagine change and how it will feel.
More than anything we should focus on the feeling.
What it will feel like to rise above the odds, to stop giving up, and to finally prove to yourself that you are strong and worth it.
The feeling is SO much better than an image of what healthy looks like and each of us may feel it differently
What does healthy look like anyway?
But here's what I try to focus on when it comes to finding that feeling:
- Each positive choice that we make helps us to FEEL better. Focus on the feeling you get after a healthy meal or a great workout, it feels great doesn't it? Now think about the feeling after an overindulged, deep-fried meal loaded with fat and sodium? Feel the same? No way. Maybe it felt good at the time because your feelings are wrapped around the good time with friends BUT the food leaves you feeling empty...or am I way off here?
- The feelings of tired, bloated, hungry, sad and lonely are replaced with feelings of accomplishment, pride, strength and confidence
- Your "I can't" and all other excuses are replaced with "Why not?" and "I deserve this"
When we speak about health and fitness, many of us start the excuses running through our heads; I have a bad knee, I'm too overweight to jog/run, I don't know how to use gym equipment, I don't have time...and on and on. Somewhere along on your personal journey you will notice these excuses and complaints being filled in with "I never thought I could do it but I did" or "I know I can do this"...it just happens!
- Your emotional eating turns into emotional workouts and passion!
- Your body will feel amazing!
Yes you will definitely make extraordinary change on the outside, but the inside will FEEL better too. Your body will move more and want to sit less. Your achy joints will start to ache a little less each day. Your back aches, stomach troubles and swollen ankles will all begin to change. You will FEEL unstoppable.
- Your family will FEEL your change!
Your family will benefit from your feelings of strength and pride and will want to jump on board! And this may take time, but it WILL happen. Be patient and persistent and be their role model. Let them see YOU changing, becoming fit, happy, strong and unstoppable! Although you will still have bad days-we are all human, the good days will definitely outweigh the bad and your energy will be through the roof!
If your goals seem so far out of reach, change them! Don't lose sight of them but focus on smaller goals...
the FEELINGS. We all want to feel our best, don't we? Then make that happen! We are in control.
And if you're one that is "stuck" as I once was,
FOCUS ON WHAT HEALTHY FEELS LIKE!
Now write it down.
What do you think healthy feels like?
What changes would you like to see in your life?
-would you like more energy? less fatigue? less body aches and pains? do you want to have the stamina to play with your kids/grand kids after school and work? want to know what it feels like to STOP giving up?
FOCUS ON WHAT IT FEELS LIKE
Go and be incredible today because WE ARE WORTH IT!