HomeMy StoryRecipes

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

a time to reflect...and make a difference!


It's December and if I know my readers, some of us are already busy setting goals for 2013 
Am I right?  
Before we think too far ahead, let's set a few goals prior to the upcoming New Year!  
This way they can carry over and we're sure to stay on track throughout the Christmas season!  

My personal end-of-year goals:
1. Focus on healthy eating
2. Add more strength training to my workouts
3. Run 6.2 in under an hour
4. Run races as a family of four! We have one set for this coming Saturday :)
5. Finally taste a Green Smoothie-yea, I know I should have already done this!
(-your recipes for Goal #5 are needed!)

Your turn!

I love organizations that put children's health as a priority!  We want healthy children that ENJOY getting outside, being active and living a healthy lifestyle, so any company or organization that promotes that way of life gets two thumbs up from me!  
I have an exciting way for you to help make a difference before 2012 comes to an end and it's hosted by a great company and an incredible organization...

We all know Athleta- Women's activewear that fits absolutely perfectly!  They make activewear for ALL sports, so check them out at a location near you or online!  
Just in time for the New Year, Athleta has teamed up with Girls on the Run, 

What is Girls on the Run?  
"We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running." -Girls on the Run


Here's a little about the program and how you can help make a difference, 
Athleta will be engaging women to finish their 2012 strong by inspiring users to share their remaining 2012 aspirations and goals and encourage them to realize them before the year’s out.  In the spirit of community, the efforts made across Athleta’s Twitter and Facebook will collectively result in inspiring and empowering young girls (through the amazing organization Girls on the Run) to do the same. 

How it Works
Housed on Athleta’s Facebook page, Athleta will ask, “How will you Finish Strong in 2012?”. When an individual makes a pledge to themselves, it is published to their Facebook wall and then aggregated with other responses to form an inspirational mosaic of pledges within the application.  With every action (pledge, share or like), Athleta will donate $1 to Girls on the Run.

In addition to entering goal pledges through the Facebook app, users can participate via Twitter by tweeting their goal with the hashtag #FinishStrong2012.

The Facebook app will pull in all tweets with this hashtag and display them on a randomly selected background. Each use of the hashtag will drive a $1 donation for Girls on the Run.



I received this information to share with my readers.  All opinions are 100% mine.  No compensation was received.  

3 comments:

Mommy Run Fast said...

That's cool about Athleta and GOTR!
Here's our favorite green smoothie: handful of frozen blueberries, one banana, about a cup of plain yogurt, splash of almond milk and a handful of spinach. Sometimes I add a dash of cinnamon and flaxseeds. Yummy!

christina said...

1 scoop choc protein powder, 8 oz almond milk, 1/2 banana and as much baby spinach you have shove in there.

Megan said...

Hey bloggy friend! I have been away from my blogs for awhile because I'd subscribed to too many and it became overwhelming. I figured out the way to delete them and only save the ones I like, so I am glad to be reading yours again! I love Girls on the Run! I need to think of a pledge.