HomeMy StoryRecipes

Monday, May 6, 2013

Just RUN!

That's what I've been doing and it's working!
My pace has improved SO much and today with my husbands help, I ran almost five miles at a 9min/mile pace!! That's huge for me and it only helps me realize that when we put our minds to something, ANYTHING is possible!!
Last year, at this time I was running at a 10:30 pace which is good but I always knew I had more in me!
We are ALL stronger than we think :) and with registration for the Houston half marathon coming up, I am more ready now than ever!!
My boys have been running a lot with us too and that means the world to us! Get your kids involved with your fitness. Show them that it can be fun. These healthy habits will stick with them for a lifetime!

Below, just a few post-run pics!
A few years ago I would have never called myself a "runner". Even just the word was intimidating for me. Once you cross the finish line of your first race, it becomes part of you. Whether you run or walk, just get out there and move! Push yourself. Don't compare yourself to others and their abilities...find YOUR strength!
Some of the best workouts are the ones when I clear my mind and just RUN!

What will this weeks workout and goals be for you?
Whatever it is, MAKE IT GREAT!!

***I have some HUGE opportunities coming from UNDER ARMOUR and FITFLUENTIAL so get ready!!!
Let this be your time to say #IWILL and find #whatsbeautiful inside yourself!! Stop saying "tomorrow" and start today!
GET READY!***



3 comments:

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

Great job on the pace improvement, I bet that feels awesome!

misszippy said...

That's great pace improvement! And you know I love seeing you get the kiddos involved. Kudos!

fancy nancy said...

I love how you run with your boys!! Such a great example for them! Great job on improving your pace so much!!