HomeMy StoryRecipes

Sunday, August 5, 2012

now we're "shakin' and scrambling"


Hey there, what's SHAKIN'?

I have never been a big fan of meal replacement smoothies...until now!  
I know that the added protein is great but I guess I felt most of the smoothie recipes weren't very filling and satisfying when it came to replacing breakfast or lunch...
Then Pinterest came into my life!  The protein-packed smoothie recipes are ENDLESS!! 

 Some of my favorites,

Fruit and Vanilla Smoothie: 
1 c almond milk
1 scoop vanilla protein powder-I use Advocare
1/2 frozen banana
1/2 c frozen mixed fruit-I use blueberries, strawberries and blackberries
-extra ice if you prefer but it tends to not need much!

PB and Banana Smoothie:
1 c almond milk
1 scoop protein powder-chocolate or vanilla, your choice!
1/2 frozen banana
2 tbs PB 


Now let's SCRAMBLE,


Grab a ready to bake pizza crust, I used the individual whole wheat versions
Scramble two eggs, one egg white with a splash of low fat milk (it'll make 'em fluffy!)
Bake pizza crust for 8-10 minutes, top with scrambled eggs and some low fat cheese
ENJOY!  
The boys LOVE these and 
*to make mine a little less carb-heavy, I use half of a whole wheat english muffin and stack the same!  Super tasty and delicious!  I also added cooked spinach to my eggs(not pictured) to add some extra protein!  



I feel like my son's football schedule has really put our healthy eating back in check!  
Am I the only one that feels summer is sort of where we get out of the routine of things?  
We sure did.  
Now that we have practice every evening, I am preparing dinner at 2pm, so that it's ready for us when we get home later that evening!  This way my boys don't head for the pantry and fridge ready to snack while dinner's cooking...it's already made, so we heat and serve!!!  Works well for us!  
If I were working full time outside of the home, I'd probably have to turn to the crock pot so if that's YOU then check out some of the Paleo crock pot recipes I've pinned here.  




And I'll leave ya with a few tunes I downloaded for my running playlist:


Let's Go - Calvin Harris Feat. Ne-Yo
One More Night - Maroon 5

4 comments:

Mommy Run Fast said...

I am loving all the amazing recipes on pinterest, too! And have also been experimenting with more protein powder smoothies. Your egg pizza looks so yummy, too! Glad you're feeling better. :)

Mommy Minded said...

I am trying the chocolate Advocare shakes right now. I agree 100%, summer messes all of our schedules and routines up! I am ready to get us all back on track! ;)

Emily - faliLV said...

I love morning smoothies... I need to go back! Never thought of Egg pizza before! How delish!

Unknown said...

Yum! Smoothies. Its healthy and good for us. Will try to make this recipe tomorrow. hope my family will like it too.
Home Loan Rockingham