HomeMy StoryRecipes

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

some PINspiration, for back to school...

Pretend and Play offers a really neat way to help our children LEARN how to create a healthy meal using play food!  What a brilliant way to teach our children the importance of a healthy, balanced meal!  Maybe it's the health teacher in me, but REALLY COOL!!!!



A great guide to help as a checklist when packing your kiddos lunches, from RageAgainstTheMinivan 


And from one of my favorite blogs, 100 days of real food...a guide to great lunches using NO PROCESSED FOODS!  this is one I'd love to mimic, but it's a challenge!  This post should help!


Workouts and back pain: Although my back pain is still pretty intense, it's MUCH better than last week.  There's still no hope for running as of now, but power walking has been helping and it's actually a better workout than I had imagined.  Hopefully once school starts next week, I'll be able to increase the intensity as my body allows!
We were able to take the boys to a Houston Texans pre-season game, thanks to my Aunt (they are season ticket holders) and offered the tickets up to us when they didn't go!  The boys LOVED it and said they wanna go back every day!  Precious!  

*Not sure why my hand is on top of my little ones head, probably so he wouldn't run away!  LOL!!!

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Haha that picture is priceless! Don't move! That real foods challenge looks hard but something I would love to try!!

fancy nancy said...

Love the picture!!! I'm getting nervous having to think of healthy lunches for my picky toddler!! I'll have to check out that site!

jillconyers said...

I love back to school! My kids are older and I still love it but it's not the same as when they were little. I miss walking them to their class on the first day. Picking out first day outfits. School supply shopping is the best. I'm so glad I took a million pics of back to school memories :)