HomeMy StoryRecipes

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Get INSPIRED!

I love finding inspiration, virtual running buddies, recipes and support through social media! It's amazing how it is so simple to share recipes via Instagram and to reach so many others who struggle with weight just as I did. We are all able to come together and be that support...pretty cool!
So for me, I ((shout out)) to many of my followers when they share an incredible recipe that inspires me to try, or run a great race with a PR that pushes me to go harder & faster in my workouts! We all have one another to share those workout moments that only we would understand! We share that struggle when we want that cheeseburger but know we should choose the grilled chicken salad! WE can inspire each other, every day!
Thanks to all of you that INSPIRE me ! I feel so grateful to have a husband who GETS ME! We understand and inspire each other through our diet, workouts, etc...
There are SO many "friends" on Instagram that have inspirational stories of weight loss, workouts, and more!
The most important thing?
FIND WHAT INSPIRES YOU!!!
Once you do, your life will change in such a positive way! I love helping people strive & reach for their health and fitness goals and once they begin to reach them and CRUSH them, I am inspired by them!

who INSPIRES YOU?!

I want to share some foods that will hopefully INSPIRE you to make the healthiest choices for you and your family this week! No more grocery carts filled with carb, carb and more processed carbs! If I can do it, YOU can too! I'm telling you, the thought of a pool full of delicious pretzels haunts me at night! We all have temptations, some different from others! And some not so silly like mine :-)

Here we go-
Cinnamon Greek dip! WARNING:sooooo good! I served with sliced apples but this would be tasty and filling with any fruit!
You'll need:
1 sm container Chobani plain
1 scoop vanilla protein powder-I used Isopure
Lots of cinnamon :-)
STIR & ENJOY!

Prepared salads, LOTS of salads!
I pre package lettuce, chopped veggies and then add hard boiled egg and a few craisins!

Easy baked Salmon fillets,
Salmon fillets
Lemon pepper or your favorite seasoning
Bake at 400 for 15 minutes! It bakes perfectly and I serve on salad or alongside veggies! I think I baked 15 of these yesterday! Yea, it's THAT good!

And I can't forget egg pockets!
Low carb/high fiber pita filled with scrambled egg/egg whites! Easy and a great on the go breakfast! Cook your eggs beforehand, refrigerate and then heat & serve in your pocket with an orange! A great, filling breakfast to alternate with oatmeal etc!

LEGS! Of course, for me it's where I lose weight & notice change the fastest! If my tummy would lean up as quickly as my legs, I'd be SO happy however, I'm making progress and it takes time and WORK! It's a way of life...the changes WILL come! We all must be reminded of that once in a while :-) but I am proud of how far I've come with clean eating and stepped up workouts so I must not get frustrated and single out body parts that are late to the party! Ha!!

This week:
Push through, work hard and EAT RIGHT! I am a firm believer in getting your foods in check!
Remember, BALANCE!!!
What are you focusing on this week?












6 comments:

Elle said...

Darn, Girl, those are some great looking legs. Wahooooo!

All the hard work is sure paying off for you!

You inspire me!

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

I would have to agree with Elle, nice legs! Love those shoes too.

The blogging community is so inspiring to me, love being a part of it

fancy nancy said...

Nice stems!!! So many out there in the bloggy world are so inspiring to me!!

Heather @ Operation Determination said...

You are looking amazing!!!! You have inspired me for so long. I can relate to you and seeing your success makes me realize that it is possible with hardwork and dedication! Now if I could just get my kids to be more open to trying things like yours:)

jillconyers said...

I have to agree...great legs! This week I focused on that sometimes elusive balance. I could probably say that every week :)

Have a great weekend!

Laura said...

Looking good!!! I always appreciate legs - they are hard for me to build!