HomeMy StoryRecipes

Monday, August 22, 2011

a Fall garden? and other randomness!!!

Since our spring/summer garden went so well and our boys LOVED helping take care of it, we've decided a fall garden is definitely in the works! We know we want lettuce, broccoli, zucchini and squash...but what else?? Suggestions are greatly appreciated, especially if there's a certain fruit/veggie you've had success growing too :-)

My son's preschool will be having "Letter of the Week" and they must bring a show and tell item once a week, starting with that letter. I am planning on using some of these letters as health lessons as well. I'll let him choose any item, but I'll choose a health-related item with that letter as well! This way, I'm teaching a little of my MOST favorite subject as he moves along with the lesson plans at school! You know I gotta sneak health in there somewhere!! I am planning on using this last year of preschool, to help create some super healthy AND fun lunches for my boys! I want them to enjoy bringing their lunch to school...so I'll share some creative ideas I come up with along the way!

Today's Workout: 2 mile walk( yes WALK, it was too hot at 11am to get at a jogging pace) and a 30 minute yoga workout on Exercise TV. Can we say, BRING ON THE FALL WEATHER!!!

**Don't forget to enter my Healthy Plate giveaway that ends on the 27th! These set would be a perfect addition to your daily meals for you or your children!

1 comment:

Katie @ Will Race for Carbs said...

We usually grow pumpkins and then carve them at halloween. One year we grew giant pumpkins and that was really fun. But I think you have to plant them in the summer. So I guess I have no suggestions! Hope the weather gets nicer soon. I wouldn't even walk in that heat so I think you are doing pretty good!