HomeMy StoryRecipes

Saturday, September 15, 2012

RACE TIME...finally!

For a family that loves 5K races, we've sure taken some time off :-(
but we are back and stronger than ever, ready to tackle this Houston Texans 5K!  Our son is very excited to run with Toro, Texans mascot in the fun run, so I'll make sure that I take lots of pictures!

Running is sort of a family affair in our home.  We all love it, even our three year old!  We run as a family, stay active as a family and we will, in a few weeks, race as a family!  
I will push our little man in the stroller, while my husband and son run side by side!  They love running as a duo, and our son can keep up!  He ran the golf course the other day while I rode my bike...he stays focused and has a gorgeous stride...as only runners would appreciate!  
I am very proud of him because as I've said before, we don't pressure him or force him to exercise, it's by choice and I truly believe that from watching his Mom and Dad, he WANTS to run, bike and be active.  Something that makes us so proud!  

**And if your family doesn't love to run, then find something...anything you can do together to BE ACTIVE!  Sometimes we forget that just getting outdoors and playing with our children will keep them ACTIVE and MOVING.  We all have busy lives, but I promise if you make the effort, your family will make memories that will last a lifetime.  And your children will develop healthy living habits that they can take with them for years to come!
 
   


And after our race day, we're sure going to have some smelly workout clothes which leads me to a product review that is a MUST HAVE in every laundry room,

I keep forgetting to share my Downy Unstopables experience with all of you,


 Downy was nice enough to send the "Fresh" scent and although I haven't tried the others, Fresh is my favorite!  Super fresh and clean scent that keeps our workout clothes and towels smelling great!  You literally want to sniff your laundry while you're folding it!  Yea, that good!!  
I'm pretty sure Shimmer and Lush will smell great too but that Fresh scent during the cycle, smells fabulous! I'm really funny about smells that are too strong or smell fake-if that makes sense but a little sprinkle added to your wash will do wonders...I promise!  I use Unstopables with all of our workout gear and all of our towels, I've even sprinkled it onto the boys' clothes to add freshness to their loads!  



and these "Tea of a Kind" flavors arrived in the mail today for us to try and if you haven't heard about these, check these out here.  I'll be sure and share our experience with these drinks, very soon!  



Do you have a race scheduled this month?  

What are some products you're loving these days?  


7 comments:

Sweat Is My Sanity said...

Hey Girl, I love this post...so right on all points. I don't have a race this month...just building up my endurance after a long summer of no running. I'm heading out for a 6 miler tonight. Have fun with your family 5k.

Darin Armstrong said...

Hello Marissa,
Just a quick message to ask if you would be interested in a ‘mutual’ following on twitter. I am currently following you now and am awaiting for your follow-back. (#FYI I do RT’s ‘anytime’ for all #Triathletes #Cyclists #UltraRunners & #Marathoners #FitnessProfessionals who follow me on Twitter and have something 'important' they want mentioned…)

All the very best to you and yours for the rest of 2012 and beyond Marissa. Look forward to hearing from you…

Darin
twitter.com/DarinArmstrong
#TeamLIVESTRONG

jillconyers said...

Marissa, I'm not seeing my comment. Will you let me know if it went to spam? Thanks!

Run with Jess said...

Families that play together stay together!! Kudos!

Penny said...

I love that running is a family activity. I wish my family would run with me. My husband farms and says he get enough exercise, which is probably true. He sure doesnt sit much that for sure. I'm on my own, but have some amazing running buddies to run with

Penny said...

Marissa, I hate the letter verification before you can get your comment on.I thought I was never going to get my comment on. Just letting you know that we are having to do that before we get our comment on.

Samantha said...

I love walking right now with the family and would love to change that to be running soon. Grace enjoys the outdoors so let's hope that sticks :) you reminded me I so need to sign up for some 5k!!