Fun, party-like 5K races are super popular...all over the world! You've probably seen them advertised in your cities too. They are designed for participants to have fun while exercising and for that reason, I LOVE these races!!!
Looking for some great Fall motivation, then bring your friends along for some of these super fun races in your area...
The BEST part, they don't have to be elite runners to have fun and enjoy a great workout with ya! You'll probably help motivate and encourage your friends to give running a try, ya never know...
At the top of my list,
Some tips to keep in mind for these type of events,
- KEEP IT FUN!
- BRING YOUR FRIENDS...AND THEIR FRIENDS, AND ya get the idea!
- BRING YOUR NON-RUNNER FRIENDS TOO! This would be a great way to show them how much fun 5K and 10K races can be!
*I'm hoping that soon I can take my own advice and finally run one of these races...trouble is as soon as The Color Run opened in our area, it SOLD OUT :-( bummer. So one more piece of advice,
- BE PROMPT when signing up! They are popular races, so when they come to a place near you, BE PREPARED to sign up as soon as registration opens...I learned that lesson the hard way! Boo.
What FUN races are on your fall race calendar?
This recipe looks like a great one to keep on hand when you're in the mood to bake or to satisfy that sweet tooth without totally blowing your healthy diet...
recipe from HellaWella.com
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup of oat flour
- 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup of nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 6 to 8 packets of Truvia
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pace bananas in a mixing bowl and mix until you have a pudding-like texture.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except nuts, to bowl and mix well.
- Carefully fold nuts into batter.
- Prepare an 8-inch-by-inch Pyrex dish by spraying it with a nonstick spray.
- Evenly place batter in dish and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is completely cooked.
- Cut into 12 squares and enjoy 3 to 4 squares for a well-rounded, on-the-go breakfast!
Brittany Davila is the author of LittleBsHealthyHabits.com, which follows her as she strives to live a clean, fit lifestyle. She shares lots of clean eating recipes and workouts, and gives glimpses into her everyday life, hoping others will recognize you don’t have to be a fitness model or competitor to live a fit life. She is just a normal girl that works 40-plus hours a week but chooses to make fitness and health a top priority.