HomeMy StoryRecipes

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

And now I get it

This weekend was camping with family and using our travel trailer in Austin Tx at McKinney Falls State Park...so pretty and so much fun, as always.

As we were going through our pictures last night and taking about the fun weekend, It all made sense to me. Last week I posted about my weight frustrations and living by the scale, obsessing over thoughts of good, healthy foods and last night, it all came together! While I'm obsessing over pounds on and off the scale, workouts etc I'm not realizing the TRUE impact, in a positive way that we are having on our family.
We went camping and each day would start with a hilly 3-mile run while the boys rode their bikes, then we'd stop by the creeks and have a piece of fruit and string cheese, explore and go another 3-4 miles through the rocks and cliffs. We'd hear back, play at the campsite, cook a healthy meal and ride bikes throughout the park. Ya see, I am so worried about little things and finally I focused on the BIG PICTURE. My family is healthy and we all enjoy active, healthy things together! Our boys are the happiest outdoors, being active. That makes me PROUD. They don't complain when biking, hiking, running and exploring together, as a family. My husband and I, our way of life is impacting our boys....that's what it's ALL about!
From now on when I'm down in the dumps, I will remember these moments that are priceless that are helping teach our kids that getting outside, exercising and being healthy is all worth it! I am able to do this with them, keep up and not be tired because of the daily choices I make and commit to my eating and fitness!
I am no longer that lazy girl and I must remind myself not to feel trapped by those old thoughts and feelings, as some of my readers comments suggested, I am living proof that life can turn around and that we are new people, new healthy people!









5 comments:

Christy J said...

I love this! I've let the frustrations get to me lately too...but it really is about the big picture. Thanks for the reminder!

I love the camping pictures...can't wait to head out in our trailer out soon!

misszippy said...

What a great get away and what a great realization you came to! It looks beautiful there...we are headed to Austin for spring break so I'll have to check in with you on how to get there. Hiking is big on our list!

Anonymous said...

It's so hard to get out of our own heads sometimes. It's true that we are our own worst enemy. What a great way to realize how awesome you are! :)

Hollie said...

You are a great example for your kids and everyone else! What a beautiful place to camp! Looks like you guys had a great time.

jillconyers said...

Great post! Every now and then we need a reminder of what we ARE doing as opposed to being so focused on frustrations and what we're NOT accomplishing :)