HomeMy StoryRecipes

Thursday, September 29, 2011

excuses?



I feel like a lot of people that I know, if I haven't seen them in a while, immediately talk about how they "want" or "need" to exercise. Not sure if it's guilt or they just think because I care SO much about health and fitness that they are forced to say that? Not sure, but for one that is NOT true. I do not judge ANYONE.


However there is one thing I cannot stand and that is excuses. I totally understand that some health issues hold people back from A LOT of things. I am fortunate because staying at home with my two boys has allowed A LOT more time for cooking, preparing and finding great healthy meals that my family will enjoy. I worked full time and still managed to workout every day. I cooked dinner, but it was probably not as healthy as I do now, I'm willing to admit that. But I've learned a lot now that I have two, growing boys and a husband who eats very healthy and lives a much healthier way of life than he once did. But my point is this, DO NOT MAKE EXCUSES. I remember time and time again, I told myself "I will start doing something about this, tomorrow" "I'll start eating healthy and working out on Monday"...it was a vicious cycle that never ended. When I stopped making excuses, the "I'll start on Monday" went away. I just did it.


What brings YOU motivation to just do it, and stop making excuses? For me, it's knowing how I used to be. I never want to be that person again. It was a lonely place. I felt so alone and lacked so many things. Working out and taking care of myself physically gives me the greatest feeling. It takes away the stress, the worry, the doubt...it all goes away as I start to sweat and feel my body getting stronger! I remember working out in the gym as I was starting to lose weight and get my life back, I would listen to "I am a fighter" by Christina Aguilera, over and over again until I believed it!


I get these quotes from Pinterest, and I think about what each one means. I usually go through and read each one before a workout. It gives me motivation like crazy! Sounds silly, right? It's like visiting my fellow workout bloggers, when they post that they just got back from a 20 mile run...ARE YOU SERIOUS? If they can do that, then why am I sitting here doing nothing?!


Weekend: We have a race on Saturday and we are all looking forward to it. My son is so excited about his 1K and we are excited for him too. He says he told his teachers he's coming back on tuesday with a medal! I might be meeting up with a blogger friend and I can't wait to "meet" her...Yay! I'll keep ya posted...


and I haven't forgotten about those yummy zucchini muffins and pumpkin oat breads that I made, I'll post them in the next few days! The boys are still loving them and it makes a great breakfast topped with PB! Yum!

5 comments:

Run with Jess said...

My motivation is having a constant race on the calendar. Not for everyone, but I've found over the years that it really motivated me to "dream of my next goal". It's keeps me running... and when I run, I make healthy decisions in the rest of my life too.

Unknown said...

What a great quote!

kimert said...

I am always annoyed by people who ask how I do it and then start by making up a million excuses why they can't. I don't judge BUT excuses will never get anyone (myself included) anywhere especially with fitness and weight loss. I love that quote.
I stay motivated by having a race calender and a training plan. I live in great fear (and you know this) that if I don't have a race or a training plan all my hard work will disappear and those 70 lbs will come back. So, as bored or tired or frustrated as I get with training, running, and life in general I use that to keep me going.

Samantha said...

Well your post kicked my butt and i totally needed it!! I need to stop making excuses, thanks for the reminder!!!!!

ps you have a blog award coming your way Sunday :)

Anonymous said...

Honestly, my motivation to start was that I had told a bunch of people. I was too embarrassed to not get it done!