HomeMy StoryRecipes

Saturday, September 24, 2011

RUNNING

I had a great 4 mile run this morning...our temps have been a little more cooperative, so it's getting easier to get out the door and RUN! As for running, as I was out there today I was thinking about why I enjoyed running more than other forms of exercise? Don't get me wrong, I still love a good kick your booty into shape, workout but running gives me a TOTALLY different feeling. I think for me it is the feeling of accomplishment with each run. I'm not a record-setter, I'm not fast, I'm just RUNNING and with each run whether its 2 miles or 5...it feels good. I feel as though I have done something I didn't think possible. Maybe because I was NOT a runner growing up? Or because I lost most of my weight at a gym, doing workouts(which were great) but different from running. I did strength and conditioning, elliptical, spin class and body pump to lose my weight. However I find running to be completely different! Set apart from the rest...and my body just feels better afterward. All I know is that when I cross that finish line at that half marathon, there will be tears in my eyes and an awesome feeling inside! WOOHOO...I'm getting excited just thinking about it!

On that same note, I think ALL forms of exercise are awesome! If we are out there working our bodies to the limit, making our hearts stronger and our bodies healthier...it's ALL GOOD! I just had a good run and wanted to share it with all of you!

As for our diet, these past few days have been OFF. Not that we totally went nuts, but my hubby has worked a lot lately and finally had a few days off, so we've enjoyed ourselves, maybe a little much these past few days but today we're kicking back into gear! If we allow more than a few days of crazy eating, it might stick and we sure don't want those habits STICKING...no way!

Making another great breakfast today: steel cut oats with chopped apples, cinnamon and a dash of brown sugar! Yummy right?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel the same way about running! I think for me as a former smoker, I feel a HUGE accomplishment doing it!

Unknown said...

Gosh, I wish I was a runner sometimes. I'm a swimmer though. We water babies cant run lol

Mandee said...

I think you are doing great! I need to get motivated again. It seems that every year around November or so I start losing weight, but I always get lazy and put it back on throughout the summer. I know, I'm off, most people put it on in the winter.

jillconyers said...

I totally agree with this post. I just love to run :) It makes me feel like I can do anything!

Unknown said...

I feel the same about running. Sometimes I dread getting out there but afterwards I feel wonderful! :) Your going to do great!