HomeMy StoryRecipes

Monday, September 5, 2011

pumpkin and peanut butter BLISS!

If you're looking for waffles that look like these... you won't find them here,

but you will find some delicious waffles that I created last week! I froze the leftovers and they make a quick and healthy breakfast for my boys on school days and my hubby enjoys taking these to work too!
Move It Mommas Pumpkin and Peanut Butter Waffles
You'll Need:
1 1/2 cups Heart Smart Baking Mix
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 tbs flaxseed meal
1 1/3 cups skim or soy milk
1 egg or 2 egg whites
1/2 cup pumpkin puree-I used almost 3/4 cup!
1 tsp vanilla
*if you must have sugar, I'd add about 2 tbs. to the batter, that should make it slightly sweet!

Combine all ingredients and heat waffle iron. Make X-shape with batter in waffle iron and cook until slightly brown. Remove and serve with 1 tbs peanut butter! The PB melts and makes it SUPER delicious! The boys LOVE these, so be warned...they'll be asking for them A LOT!!!

Today's Workout: 3 mile jog that was in PERFECT, 70 degree temps with a slight breeze! Woohoo! I think Marissa's got her groove back :-) Tomorrow I will be walking with my friend, but Wednesday I'm planning on a 5 miler. Our forecast is showing low's in the 60's and high's in the 80's...can't get better than that here in Texas, right? Especially after weeks of 100+ temps!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

those sound delish!

Mandee said...

Yum, but why you tease us with the other photo? ha ha! I would love to see a pic of your waffles. I bet they were delish! :)

jillconyers said...

Love pumpkin! This is perfect for starting to think about fall. TFS!

WannabeRunner said...

That picture has me drooling!! And nice job on your 3 miles!

Stephanie said...

I am making your waffles tonight. So excited...I LOVE breakfast for dinner. Let you know how they turn out.