HomeMy StoryRecipes

Sunday, April 29, 2012

a month for change

May is almost here!  That means summer is right around the corner!  It's time for vacations, shorts, bathing suits and more, so there's no better time to start focusing on goals for the month of May.   


What are your goals for May 2012?

We have made some very good changes in our house and they have definitely made an impact on our boys as well!  They see us making the healthier choices and they want to copy our positive habits!  Yay!  With a new diet, I have had to become very flexible with my meal plans because it's not always easy to plan a day's worth of meals with a busy schedule, preschool, sports, and being a wife and mother!  And we all have busy lives, so I'm sure this is tough for most of you too!  


Today for lunch I decided to use some leftover sirloin steaks to make some yummy lettuce wrapped fajitas and they were SO yummy!  I chopped the 2 steaks along with squash, zucchini, red and green bell peppers and a half of a yellow onion.  We added sliced avocado and Greek yogurt to the top, wrapped it up and enjoyed!  It was so good and there's enough for leftovers tomorrow too!  I love when that happens!  


Weekend Workouts didn't happen...ugh, I know!  I felt like a slacker, but honestly we had a busy weekend and it was tough to find the energy or the time when we were rushing from place to place all weekend!  I know, I always say NO EXCUSES and here I am making them...but I plan on making up for the lack of workouts, this week!  I am planning on a morning run before the boys wake up, so I'll keep you posted.  


Do you like to prepare new meals from leftovers?



To help you with your May goals, you should check out "Get Moving May" that will launch on May 1st from The Doctors TV Show
Here's a little about the initiative,

About Get Moving May!
This May, in support of National Physical Fitness & Sports Month, THE DOCTORS encourages you, your family and friends to get a jump start on a healthier lifestyle by getting active every single day and participating in our Get Moving May! initiative.

The idea is simple!  Be active every single day during the month of May.  Whether it’s as simple as walking the family dog an extra 20 minutes a day, yoga in the park, or vigorously cleaning the house, there are many ways to add a little extra activity in your day, and burn those calories! 

THE DOCTORS will provide you support at www.thedoctorstv.com through valuable fitness tips, videos, nutrition guides and much more.

Follow us on Twitter @TheDoctors and use the hashtags #thedoctors #getmovingmay to see how the co-hosts and other viewers across the country are getting active this May!

Download the Get Moving May! badge on Facebook (available on www.thedoctorstv.com after May 1) to show your support for this important initiative.

And, of course, tune in to THE DOCTORS (check your local listings) for more information and to stay informed on the latest medical breakthroughs and everyday advice improve your overall health and wellness. 

4 comments:

Elle said...

I am pretty much still focussed on getting my half marathon run on May 13th, but after that, some changes.

I plan to scale back on the distances I am running, and also to start doing more yoga and strength training.

I also want to buy a bike.

Thanks for the heads up on the Doctors series for the month.

Your fajitas sound very good. I like to cook roasts up ahead and then use them in cold noodle salads or foo yungs or even sandwiches.

christina said...

My main may goals are to keep my training up for June 2nd Half, no going binge overboard on vacation and no stepping on a scale until the end of the month.

Christy J said...

I love making new meals from leftovers. Last week, I made pulled pork in the crockpot, but before adding the bbq sauce, I pulled some out to use in quesadilas later. Yum!

My goal in May is to do Jillian's 30-Day Shred! I have to chaperone eighth graders at a water park at the end of the month...can you say motivation?!

Samantha said...

That meal sounds so good. I need to get lettuce to make some wraps ASAP!! I made turkey zucchini bake tonight that was awesome and will be there for leftovers tomorrow!!
My May goal is to have a baby. Walk frequently before and after she is here. June will be when I start really getting down and dirty with workouts again! Bathing suit season is right around the corner!!!