HomeMy StoryRecipes

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Eats for the day!

I'm going to ATTEMPT to post my eats for the day since I'm always being asked about great, quick & easy meals that are healthy AND delicious!

I've shared my hummus on here in the past but seriously, it's a must have when trying to eat healthy! It's full of flavor and can be added to so many quick lunch ideas! For us today it was served on a whole wheat tortilla, spinach leaves, and broccoli slaw.

Homemade EASY hummus: 3/4 can chick peas, 1/4 c water, 1 clove chopped garlic,
And 1/2 squeezed lemon juice. Blend until consistency you'd prefer!

Also, I'm on day 2 of my green smoothie challenge and today's creation was SO good!
I used 2 c fresh spinach, water and mixed those until liquid form. then add 2 tbs vanilla protein powder, 6-8 purple grapes, 8 blueberries and half of a banana with flaxseed! It was SO good and ya know I wouldn't lie to ya!

Here's hoping your resolutions for a healthier lifestyle are in full swing!
Today's workout: 4 mile run since its finally NOT raining here in Texas! It felt great and I'm looking forward to the Houston Color in Motion run on Feb 2nd!





3 comments:

Elle said...

Mmmm I love hummus too and always put lots and lots of garlic in mine! So filling too.

Love that you are sharing your recipes.

Hollie said...

I've got to try your hummus recipe! It sounds delicious! I also love green smoothies and will give your recipe a try. Can't wait to read more of your eats!

fancy nancy said...

I just love green smoothies!! I'll have to try the hummus recipe...it looks awesome!