HomeMy StoryRecipes

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Nillalicious and the Wednesday Workout Blog Hop!

Ok, did ya catch that this recipe probably contains Nilla wafers? Ahhh, I'm being so cheesy today, I just can't help myself :)

*The other day the boys wanted something fun and our kitchen does not contain a whole lotta yummy treats (because we get rid of temptation every chance we get!) so I have to be creative! I grabbed a box of Nilla's(my mom insists on buying these for the boys, so it takes a lot of will power to leave them alone!), natural peanut butter and four hershey kisses left in the freezer from Valentine's Day(did I mention we don't eat sweets around here very often?!). I first melted the chocolates. Filled one Nilla with pb and topped with another Nilla, then dipped in the melted kisses! Not submerged...DIPPED. So, about 1/4 of the Nilla was covered in chocolate! And now for the blog hop...hope you'll join in this week!!!









Hosted by Let's Move It Momma's, My Fitness World and Living Smart Girl!
This week just link up...you'll meet some new friends and have fun! Plus, gain more traffic to your site :) COME ON, WHATCHA WAITIN' FOR?!
Linky is at the bottom!!!


back to Nillalicious:
Holy cow, the boys ate these up soooo fast and the hubby did too! Thank goodness I only made two for each of us, because we could have gone way overboard with this tasty treat! I make sure I teach my family moderation. That's where I can really lose control. I have found that with my family, if we only make enough servings for one sitting, we tend to NOT eat too much and as I said, thankfully I only made enough for that one evening or we'd be in serious Nilla/pb/choco trouble!!

**I will be running my Jelly Bean Race (check top right sidebar) TODAY, I chose to run the 5K and can't wait! I might even ask a neighbor to take my pic while I'm participating in this virtual race! if you haven't signed up, head over to runwithjess.blogspot.com and join in on the FUN!



8 comments:

Meet the Smiths said...

that cookie recipe sounds divine!

Anonymous said...

New follower, I definitely want to keep up with your blog... http://www.design-it-floral.com

Running Ricig said...

that recipe is genius! I've been taking whole wheat tortillas, covering them in natural PB and a few chocolate chips and popping them in the micro. PB burrito!

DisneyMom said...

Just found your hop! I'm adding it to my library!

http://beautybrite.blogspot.com

DisneyMom said...

Please consider grabbing my blog hop button!

http://beautybrite.blogspot.com (top left)

Thanks!

Mommy Minded said...

I just have to thank you for being such an inspiration to me!

Megan
mommyminded.blogspot.com
Come and join me on my journey.

Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life said...

What a cute cookie treat idea! I'm with you on keeping sweets out of the house! Right now we have 1/4 of a dark chocolate orange peel bar in our house that my husband bought, and other than that we have nothing!

Mommy Minded said...

Thank you so much for your super sweet comment. I would be honored to have my story on your blog anytime!

Thank you so much for all that you do.

Megan