HomeMy StoryRecipes

Friday, April 15, 2011

this might be my BEST recipe yet!

Move It Momma's BEST Lasagna

You'll Need:

8 whole wheat, oven ready lasagna noodles-mine were Archer Farms

1 med zucchini-sliced

1 lb lean ground turkey

2 cloves garlic-chopped

1 14.5 oz can stewed tomatoes

1 can tomato paste

2 tbs dried basil

2 tbs fresh Italian parsley

1 sm container 1% cottage cheese

1/2 c Parmesan cheese

1 whole egg-beaten

flaxseed meal

salt to taste

2% Mozzarella cheese slices


Brown turkey meat with garlic until cooked through. Meanwhile in a separate bowl, combine cottage cheese, fresh parsley, beaten egg and Parmesan cheese, set aside! To turkey meat, add can of tomatoes, paste, basil, flaxseed meal and a dash of salt, stir until tomatoes cook down. Layer 4 noodles, top with half of cottage cheese mixture, layer of mozzarella cheese, then zucchini, and lastly the meat...repeat until meat mixture is on top again, then top with sprinkled Parmesan cheese. Place in oven at 350 covered for 40 minutes. This recipe freezes perfectly and is great leftovers too! I served our portions with fresh string beans sauteed with The Artisanal Kitchen EVOO I told you about, and a little garlic salt and pepper! Very tasty!


To all the runners out there: I have a few questions for ya...how often do you run? How many days a week should I be running and what distance? I am not training for anything particular, just looking to get into better shape and work on my endurance! Any suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated :) Oh and I guess EVENTUALLY work on training for a half marathon, but that's pretty far from now!


1 comment:

Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life said...

I used to run A LOT befor my hip got really bad. I would suggest starting out running just 2-3 days a week, and then after a few weeks add in a day. I wouldn't run more then 5 days a week. Also only increase your milage by no more than 10% each week if you want to advoid injury. This is what I tell all my clients who have started a running program!