HomeMy StoryRecipes

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Broccoli Salad-perfect for summer!

I think I've found a great summer salad that's healthy, light and delicious! It has great flavor and it's SO easy to prepare! I love broccoli so any excuse to cook with it, is great for me! Move It Mommas Broccoli Salad

You'll Need:

5 cups broccoli florets

1/4 purple onion(med. size) chopped

1 can chick peas-garbanzos, drained

1/4 cup turkey, lower sodium, turkey bacon-cooked and chopped into small pcs.

1/2 cup mayo-I'd use less because it was a little too much!

1 tbs red wine vinegar

1 tbs sugar


Mix mayo, vinegar and sugar. Set aside. Add all ingredients to bowl and stir in dressing.

Serve chilled!

Today's Workout: Jillian's 30 Day Shred 1 AND 6 week 6 pack 1! Oh yea, two videos baby!

I lost 2 lbs this week and I truly owe it to changing up my workouts. I had focused SO much on stepping up my running and when I realized it's TOO hot right now to increase mileage, I think it made a difference. I'm running 3 days a week and cross training on my off days :) I gotta say, I think it's working!!!


INCHES AWAY!!!:

Our third meeting took place last night and we ALL lost inches! Woohoo! Some lost 1in. in areas and other's lost 2.5 in areas! Awesome, right? SO proud of our hard work, it's sure paying off and it feels good to work together to achieve our goals!

1 comment:

Meet the Smiths said...

Broccoli salad is DELISH!!
My hubby's grandmother makes it with sunflower seeds and raisens (white and red)...but I've never tried with chickpeas in it. Mmmm!!! That helps pack in the protein, right?!