HomeMy StoryRecipes

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

what this marathon means to me...

I posted that we made the Aramco Houston Half Marathon BUT I don't think I mentioned what it means to me...

This will mean that my weight loss journey has come full circle and my hubby's too. This race will put into perspective how far we've come.
For me, I started off a lazy, college girl who didn't even know who she was anymore. I was ready for change, found help and saw results that I had wanted for SO long. My life was forever changed. I was a new person, no longer hiding. No longer covering my emotions with food. I felt great. Months later, I met Brandon. He's my best friend, the best father and husband to us...and so much more than that too.
Years passed and he let his weight take control. gaining as he became more comfortable with our lives together. No longer active and would sit in front of the TV with remote in hand for hours. I was not innocent either. I had gained here and there through both pregnancies. Something snapped in him and so we both decided to get our lives back...that very moment!
He found running and fell in LOVE. He found a stress relief through it, confidence as he gained strength and speed! Lost over 100lbs and he's a totally different man. He's running 7 minute miles! AMAZING. LOVES to be outdoors, active with our boys, brings them fishing, running, biking... you name it, they're doing it! I love the influence that he is on our children these days...so positive and showing them a healthy way of life. Jacob running his first 1K a few weeks ago felt amazing. Jacob sees us being active and healthy and he wants to be a part of it!
And me, I'm on track too. I've lost 11lbs since my running journey began about 2-3 months ago! Although I never, ever gained all of my weight back, I had lost control of eating. I let myself slip up. Just because it was "healthy" food I was indulging on, I was NOT in control. Too much of a good thing, turns into a bad thing and it did for me. So, let me say...
the McClellen's are back and stronger than EVER!
We will finish that half marathon on January 15th, which also happens to be our 7 year wedding anniversary!!! We WILL earn our first medal with hopefully more in the future. Our boys will meet us at the finish line and that'll show them both that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!

5 comments:

misszippy said...

Congrats to you both! What good role models you are for your kids.

Fuegita said...

Congratulations! What an amazing journey

Mommy Minded said...

How Exciting!

kimert said...

Huge congrats!! I am so excited for you!

Nicole Orriƫns said...

I'm seriously impressed! Well done!

Thanks for following Momfever! I'm following you right back.

momfever.com