HomeMy StoryRecipes

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

chicken and snap pea pasta and ZUMBA!


Chicken and Snap Pea Pasta
You'll Need:
3-4 chicken breasts, cooked and sliced into strips
1 pkg fresh or frozen sugar snap peas
2-3 cloves garlic-chopped
Parm cheese to taste
extra virgin olive oil to toss pasta

Saute snap peas in skillet with garlic cloves a small amount of water, just to where the peas will not burn. Cover and simmer to allow the garlic to flavor the peas, add chicken strips and simmer for another 5-10minutes.  It's already cooked, so you're just allowing the garlic to flavor chicken!
Boil whole wheat pasta or any other pasta of choice, drain, drizzle with a little EVOO and set aside.
Get your single portion of pasta, add snap peas, chicken and garlic mixture and top with a little parm cheese!  Toss and enjoy!!  So simple and easy, yet SO delicious!

The reason I created this recipe last minute?  I have been persuaded to try ZUMBA for the first time with my mother!  She has been going for a few weeks now and loves it!  She had been a member of Jazzercise for a long time, but with her favorite instructor leaving, she hadn't been able to fall in love with exercise like she had in the past(instructors make a HUGE difference!!), she decided to try something new!  She loves ZUMBA!  She thinks I'll love it, so it's worth a try right?  
I'll let you know how it goes and wish me luck, shaking my booty!!





3 comments:

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

yum, and perfect timing. I am thawing chicken breasts and wonder what to do with some snap peas I picked from my garden..thanks!

misszippy said...

Love this recipe--sounds so good and it's SO easy!

Good luck w/ rumba. I'm quite sure I'd make an ass of myself if I tried it, so hats off to you for getting out there!

Samantha said...

Recipe sounds delicious!! And I did Zumba once. I was by myself and it was packed. I just felt awkward. I hope you have a better experience!
<3