HomeMy StoryRecipes

Sunday, July 15, 2012

I bought one.

You're probably wondering what it is...

Now you've guessed it!


A jump rope.


So simple, so cheap...this one was $9.99 at Academy!


The coolest part about this purchase?  It came with tons of great, jump rope workouts!  Yea, who would have thought for $9.99, you'd actually get a whole new way to stay in shape!


Ever tried it?  Not on the playground during your childhood...I mean, now-as a workout??  
When it comes to working out, you don't need fancy equipment-just anything that makes you sweat!


Jumping rope can be a serious calorie burn, especially when you pair it with some great strength training exercises!  My husband and I are super excited to try out some of the routines while we're camping this week!  I'll let you know how it goes!  


As for workouts, I have still been stepping up my runs-which has been a little easier with cooler temps this week.  I have also been loving my "pinned" workouts!  
If you go to my MOTIVATION board here , you'll see that I have lots of great FitFluential
& various workouts on there!  I love to change things up by choosing a few circuits that I can complete in my living room!  I get my sweat on and it's a great calorie burn without leaving the house!  Doesn't get any better than that, especially when my boys are wanting me to play-they usually join in and we make it a family thing!  



How do you get your sweat on at home?

As for our week of camping, I am bring some great fresh fruits and veggies!  I have prepared lots of homemade meals that'll thaw easily in the skillet!  
Plenty of bottled water, our workout clothes, running shoes, bikes, and swimsuits 
so I think we're ready to go!  




6 comments:

Lauren {sweat junkie} said...

Jumping rope is a great workout!! I am looking for some ways to get my sweat (and strength) on at home because I'm thinking of dropping my gym membership...

Anonymous said...

I wish I could love jumping rope. Maybe I need to break mine out!

jillconyers said...

Strength training, kickboxing, yoga...all in my workout room at home :)

We're going on vacation in a few weeks so I've been planning meals that work for me, the family and traveling.


[Fitness, Health and Happiness]

Meet the Smiths said...

I need to break out my jump rope. I have one, and I keep reading about how much it works.
Posts like these are motivating :)

Elle said...

I have been doing Gaiamtv.com workouts with Jillian!

I love the idea of the jump rope..so simple but so very effective. Good for you!

Samantha said...

Wow who would've thought a jump rope could be such a calorie burner?!? So awesome!!