HomeMy StoryRecipes

Thursday, July 19, 2012

running, jumping and having a ball!

After lots of bike riding, fishing and swimming we are back and enjoying getting things back into order at home!  It was a quick, three night trip but WELL worth watching our children outdoors, having a blast and my husband and I enjoying some relaxation too!

 My boys loving the outdoors...

Today's Workout:  An early morning 3 mile run followed by a 10-minute jump rope workout routine!  Nothing special, just 10 minutes of getting my sweat on while performing the MOST basic moves!  It works people!  


*For those of you that like direction, there's a great 10 minute jump rope workout video herecompliments of SparkPeople.  


While on our trip I managed to run a few times and it was really neat to see all of the campers, cabins and people outdoors cooking breakfast!  Change of scenery was nice!  We kept our alcohol consumption to a minimum and the boys enjoyed the frozen grapes, granola, and other healthy treats!  They rode bikes all day long with their friends, went swimming and did some pretty cool waterslides, laughed with friends, we caught lots of fish, I even put on my own, live bait! We built a campfire and roasted marshmallows, had a water balloon fight, played football, and told ghost stories!  All elements to a great camping trip!!  Best time we've had yet!!


There are no words for how I feel when getting the boys outdoors and watching them enjoy every second.  In some sense it makes my husband and I feel good knowing we've exposed them to the right things for them to love it as much as we do!  
Whatever the case, get your kids OUTSIDE!  Playing, exercising, enjoying life in the good 'ol sunshine!  



Do you exercise while on vacation?



3 comments:

misszippy said...

Sounds like a perfect getaway! So great when the whole family can be active together like that. My son would envy the fishing--that is his current obsession!

Samantha said...

Camping sounds like so much fun!! I can't wait to take Grace eventually! Glad you guys had a great time!! I do need to buy a jump rope!!
<3

Mommy Minded said...

Okay, youve done it. I want a jump rope now! lol