HomeMy StoryRecipes

Friday, January 13, 2012

1.5 miles with my boys!

This morning, I decided to take these boys on a short run since it'll be my last run before the big race on Sunday!  Can you believe it's already here?  The city of Houston is super hyped up right now because of the Olympic Trials taking place tomorrow!  

This is what my son looked like afterward...I'm pretty darn proud of him, he made it 1.5 miles before calling it quits!  We walked a little in there to give him a break, but he kept up pretty good!

 Don't let this fool ya, the little one rode in the stroller, but he had to be just like his brother and lay in the grass, pretending to be exhausted!  LOL!  Boys will be BOYS!



And as I look toward Sunday and what that day and race will mean to me, 
I can't help but thank all of the people who have encouraged me on this journey...  
All of YOU, who have left such sweet comments and have inspired me on this journey-THANK YOU.  
Thank you to all of my family and friends that have supported my husband and myself on our weight-loss journey's and our road to our first(of hopefully, many more to come) half marathon!
And Thank you to my boys!!  They have been the inspiration behind a lot of this too.  I will think of them as I cross that finish line!  I want them to know that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!  The sky is the limit and that whatever they dream of, they can accomplish it with hard work and dedication!  


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love boys. But I'm partial :)

Enjoy your rest day tomorrow! I got a really sensitive stomach the day before and morning of the race, so avoid anything new. Even coffee (which I usually drink a lot of) had me running to the bathroom. It must have been nerves because it happened before the 8 mile trail race....but it doesn't happen before shorter races.

Good luck!!!

Christy J said...

Have an awesome race weekend!

Mommy Minded said...

Love the picture of the boys! Good Luck!