HomeMy StoryRecipes

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Wraps Galore

When I am working with people that are looking to make healthier changes in their life, I suggest the simple phrase, "If you bite it, write it" and it seems to work!  They will visualize how much they are eating and it's usually more than they assumed.  With this simple task, I also see that they are consuming very little fruits and vegetables.  My solution:  Wraps!  Sounds so silly but it works.  I ask them to find the "tortilla" that works for them, such as Joseph'sLa Tortilla  or Mission Carb Balance.  All of these products come in whole wheat, gluten-wheat free, and other specific diet requirements.  


I then tell them that they must fill ONE of these tortillas with their favorite green veggies, THEN they can add some protein!  Scrambled Eggs, Chicken-I suggest my Garlic Chicken recipe, Salmon or Tuna...basically the possibilities are endless of where you can take these delicious wraps!  They are great for breakfast, on the go lunch and even dinner!  As I've said before, I've popped the Joseph's Flax bread in the oven until crispy and served as tostadas, layered with black beans, chicken, peppers, lettuce and in place of sour cream-plain Greek yogurt!  Mmm, sounds good right?


And now for the Garlic Chicken!  I use this as my weekly go-to chicken!  We make it almost every week, and we create different meals with it throughout the week!


6-8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
extra virgin olive oil
LOTS of chopped garlic, I use 3-4 cloves


Place chicken in freezer bag, splash with olive oil(about enough to cover chicken), and throw in the garlic.  Seal the bag and roll around the garlic and olive oil onto the chicken.  Let set for a few hours, bake at 350 for about 40minutes or until cooked through.  
We add this chicken to wraps, salads, dice it up and turn into meat for quesadilla for the kids, add to omelets, or just eat the chicken with a side of fresh string beans or Brussels sprouts!  


What's your favorite go-to recipe that's quick, easy and can be used for several meals?  
I'd love to know!!

6 comments:

Katie said...

chili is my fave easy go-to recipe - because it's just dump everything in the pot, and then we have leftovers for days. i'm going to try this chicken!

misszippy said...

Just ate lunch, but you are making me hungry again! I love to make my own burrito bowls--black beans w/ brown rice, avocado, lettuce, cheese, and salsa. SO good!

Megan said...

I love wraps! Lately I've been eating them with turkey, lettuce,tomatoes, avocado, 1 strip of pre-cooked bacon, and a tiny bit of dressing.

I also want to try refried beans and avocado.

I buy a Rotisserie chicken at the grocery store, de-bone it and cut it up, and use it for meals all during the week, including salads.

Unknown said...

I love whole wheat toast w/ hummus, 1 sliced hard boiled egg, and a few slices of avocado with fresh cracked pepper. Delicious!

Sam W. said...

that is a great idea!! probably delicious in a pita too. i love to use black beans on salads, in quesadillas, made into burgers, etc. so easy and healthy!

Anonymous said...

We love wraps, too! They're usually our go-to lunch idea, if there aren't other leftovers around. Your chicken sounds yummy, too... I used to do one in the crockpot pretty regularly, but have gotten out of the habit. I'll have to try yours!