In addition to helping you feel fuller for a longer period of time, peanut butter has an average of 2 grams of dietary fiber, 7 grams of protein and with the same amount of unsaturated and saturated fats per serving, this might make a great addition to some of your favorite dishes!
1. oatmeal or steel cut oats-stir and enjoy!
2. Make peanut butter granola:
2 tbs. peanut butter
2 tbs honey
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup oats
Heat oven to 350. Combine PB and honey, microwave for about 30seconds. Add other ingredients.
Spread out mixture and bake for 8-10 minutes or until browned. Serve with Greek Yogurt and enjoy for
a great, healthy snack!
3. toasted, whole wheat sandwich thin with banana and chia seed to really make this one a great breakfast!
4. between two squares of honey graham crackers -my boys LOVE this snack!
5. banana, an apple or any other fruit! To make this one fun for the kids, put PB in small bowl for dipping!
6. PB Bowl- Mix 2 tbs with 1 tbs honey(local is best!), sprinkle flaxseed and stir until mixed. Use a spoon and DIG IN!
*My boys love this one too!
7. "Ants on a log"-a family favorite!
Slice celery as your "log"
Line 4-5 cranberries, raisins, tart cherries or any other "ants" and SERVE!!
Do you have a favorite PB recipe? What is your go-to snack of choice?
Today's Workout: After our photo shoot, it was a nice 4 miler! Yes, my husband and I are going to be featured in our local newspaper regarding our road to the half marathon, weight-loss and helping raise healthy kids! Pretty cool and we're VERY excited! I'll share the story with pictures very soon. As for the half, it is only 8 days away...YES, 8 DAYS! My goodness, I wish I would be better prepared, but I'm afraid that my first half will certainly NOT be my best. But what matters is I've set a goal and I will achieve it!
I can't wait to post pictures of me crossing that finish line :)