HomeMy StoryRecipes

Friday, January 6, 2012

how do you like your PB?

In addition to helping you feel fuller for a longer period of time, peanut butter has an average of 2 grams of dietary fiber, 7 grams of protein and with the same amount of unsaturated and saturated fats per serving, this might make a great addition to some of your favorite dishes!  

Add 2 tbs. to some of these great recipes...
1. oatmeal or steel cut oats-stir and enjoy!
2. Make peanut butter granola: 
    2 tbs. peanut butter
    2 tbs honey 
    1/4 tsp cinnamon 
    1/4 tsp vanilla extract
    1 cup oats
    Heat oven to 350.  Combine PB and honey, microwave for about 30seconds.  Add other      ingredients. 
    Spread out mixture and bake for 8-10 minutes or until browned.  Serve with Greek Yogurt and enjoy for 
    a great, healthy snack!
3. toasted, whole wheat sandwich thin with banana and chia seed to really make this one a great breakfast!
4. between two squares of honey graham crackers -my boys LOVE this snack!
5. banana, an apple or any other fruit!  To make this one fun for the kids, put PB in small bowl for dipping!
6. PB Bowl- Mix 2 tbs with 1 tbs honey(local is best!), sprinkle flaxseed and stir until mixed.  Use a spoon and DIG IN!  
    *My boys love this one too!
7.  "Ants on a log"-a family favorite!  
    Slice celery as your "log"
    Spread PB 
    Line 4-5 cranberries, raisins, tart cherries or any other "ants" and SERVE!!


Do you have a favorite PB recipe?  What is your go-to snack of choice?

Today's Workout:  After our photo shoot, it was a nice 4 miler!  Yes, my husband and I are going to be featured in our local newspaper regarding our road to the half marathon, weight-loss and helping raise healthy kids!  Pretty cool and we're VERY excited!  I'll share the story with pictures very soon.  As for the half, it is only 8 days away...YES, 8 DAYS!  My goodness, I wish I would be better prepared, but I'm afraid that my first half will certainly NOT be my best.  But what matters is I've set a goal and I will achieve it!  
I can't wait to post pictures of me crossing that finish line :)





5 comments:

Unknown said...

So exciting - congrats on the newspaper article - that's awesome!

Laura Boll said...

I put pb in everything, too! My favorite is on a banana, or on a brown rice cake and sprinkled with raisins. Good luck on the race! Yes, first half marathons are rarely the fastest ones...but it gives you a great goal to beat!

Elle said...

I am on the pb train for sure! Love to add it to my smoothies too.

And in my morning oats!

I am excited for your newspaper feature...will you post a link to it? I hope so.

Your half is getting so close...

:)

Anonymous said...

Is on a spoon the wrong answer?

Mommy Minded said...

I love an apple and PB. We use Natually More, it's a little gritty so it's a great match!