HomeMy StoryRecipes

Monday, January 16, 2012

the day after...



I'm IMPATIENTLY waiting for the marathon to post the link to the race day photos, but I guess I'll share a few not-so-official pictures from race day!  

First of all, I woke up at 2:19am, thought I'd fall back asleep and then suddenly the nerves set in!  I was having anxiety and totally couldn't calm myself down.  So I woke up, had my coffee and oatmeal, and then got dressed and waited for our family to arrive! 

 Our wonderful Aunt watched the boys for us, and although we really wanted them there at the finish line, 5:00am with two little ones was a little too much for the grandparents to handle all day, but they watched for  Mommy and Daddy on T.V. :-)

Remember this happy face from EXPO day?  


...and these two goofy fans would be Christine's hubby, Brent and my mom, better known as MeMe!


Come on Christine, let's get our game faces ON!  Is that determination or what??!  


Don't worry I'll give you the full recap soon, but for now I'll leave you with me 
as I'm approaching the finish line! 
 I may have been crying, which explains that HORRIBLE face that I am making!  
I look as if I'm about to die, did ya find me?  Ha!


Now that half marathon #1 for me is over, I know that I did NOT train hard enough.  I did NOT put in the long runs and I know I definitely have MUCH room for improvement!
Isn't that what running is all about?!  
Always improving and pushing yourself further than you thought possible?  
I think so.  
Although I was in pain and very emotional, I have NO REGRETS!  I am happy that I did it.  I proved to myself that I can do anything that I set my mind to.  Nothing is Impossible!  A few years ago, I would have never DREAMED of something like that, but I did it!  



7 comments:

Elle said...

These pics are so fun. Will look forward to the official ones, too!

Run with Jess said...

Great pix! I learned the same thing on my first Half. I felt so under-trained. Get better prepared with each one...

jillconyers said...

What fun! Love your game face :)

April Westerhold said...

Great job!! Can't wait to see/read more.

kimert said...

I love race pics! You look great!

Mary said...

Congrats on doing so well at your first half! I did my first half on Sunday, too, in Los Angeles. Definitely a lot of lessons learned for next time. :)

Mommy Minded said...

Too awesome. I cant wait to see more!