HomeMy StoryRecipes

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

upcoming races and recipes:updated!

I'm very proud to announce that my husband is ready and signed up for the
  Galveston Mardi Gras Marathon! and it's only a few weeks away!

And I have just signed up for my FIRST 10K!  Ha, I guess I'm doing things a bit backwards!  The half marathon a few weeks ago and now I'll tackle the 10K!  Oh well, it's just another goal that I plan on reaching!  Any words of advice for this upcoming race?  I've actually done the Rodeo Run 5K a few years ago and it was SO much fun!  A huge crowd and a mixture of all different fitness levels! 
 Figured it would be a fun race to help me tackle 6.2!


I also wanted to let you know that I've updated my RECIPES page!
I've tried to make it very simple and user-friendly, so let me know what you think!
Now that we're moved and all settled into our new house, I hope to share MANY recipes with all of you in the very near future!  I have some great go-to recipes that have become favorites around here!

Have any upcoming races planned?
Have a healthy recipe you'd like to share?
  (Send to rissarose80@yahoo.com, I'd love to feature YOU!)

4 comments:

Laura Boll said...

Wow, good for your husband!! I was considering it too, but don't think I have enough time to feel like I'm trained properly. Great recipe page! I love reading and sharing recipes... look forward to checking yours out more!
Oh, and to answer your other question, I just registered for the Austin half, we've never been there, so I'm looking forward to a race-vacation weekend. :)

Elle said...

How exciting that you are moved in!

And your 10k is going to be a piece of cake after the half marathon... and kudos to your husband.

Will check out the recipes....

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

I did my first 10k last year after a half marathon also :) So far I have done 2 and haven't learned to love it, but plan on learning to :)

christina said...

Love the recipe page - want to try the banana oatmeal with nutella...yummy!

I have some BIG races scheduled for this year but nothing really soon. I have the annapolis zooma (all women) half in June, another half in Sept and a full marathon (Philly) in Nov. I need to find some shorter distances for the training help but those fees add up and I havent done it yet. Right now Im working really hard to reestablish my running base... had a baby 7 weeks ago and gained 50 lbs and the promise I made to myself to workout throughout the pregnancy went out the windown about month 4.

Good luck on your 10k... its a great distance!

Christina
http://last-weight-loss-journey.blogspot.com/