HomeMy StoryRecipes

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Day 6...with some great news to report!

It's Day 6 of my Advocare 24 day challenge and although I'd love to take this little girl home,
 the good news isn't that I have a new baby girl
(she's my cousin, isn't she precious?! and look at the boys in the background being silly)
the good news is that I've lost 2lbs! 
I knew I felt really good today and wasn't quite sure why.  I had a good run yesterday and another great run today, but it was more than that...I have been eating great, except for a few slip ups on Superbowl Sunday, whoops!  My jeans felt better this morning, so I thought why not step on the scale and see what's going on...and to my surprise-WEIGHT LOSS!  As for the challenge, I really find it to be simple and easy to follow!  I have really been focused on the family meals to make sure we're all staying on track with putting healthy foods into our bodies.  I think we're all human and have times where we fall short of super healthy eating?  But I must say that this challenge has reminded me of the importance of healthy living ...and I am feeding a husband and two boys and am responsible for their health too!  I am very happy with this challenge and here's hoping that scale keeps on dropping!  Woohoo!

What am I loving right now?  Salads!!  Not that I don't always love a good salad, but I just can't seem to get enough of them, in all variations.  Today's was mixed with apples, cranberries, sunflower seeds, almond slivers, and sugar snap peas...Mmm, Mmm good! 

What was a really cool moment for me today?  There's a woman at my son's preschool who has recently found a love for running and has signed up for her first half marathon, coming up in April.  I noticed she's been losing weight and feeling more confident and she will stop in the hallway and fill me in on her workouts.  She told me today that it hurt to run 2 miles just a short while ago.  Today she had run 6 miles and had NO pain and felt unbelievable.  Better than she had felt in years!  Awesome, right?  Those moments are PRICELESS!  She's losing weight, looking fit and feeling fabulous...what can be better than that?! It's NEVER too late!

What my boys say that make me SO happy?  My oldest boy asked, "Mommy, is steak good for my heart muscle?"  Hahaha, heck yea!  My youngest asked, "Mommy, is it time for me to play football or do I have to be bigger?"  Ha!!!  One thing's for sure...they are ALL BOY!

My first 10K is only a few weeks away and I'm starting to get nervous.  Without a treadmill, and six days of pouring rain here in Texas, I slacked on my runs and HAVE TO step it up this week!  Let's hope I get out there and cross that finish line with a time that I am proud of :-)

6 comments:

Elle said...

Sweet baby! And your boys obviously have good role models with their comments. Good on ya!

And nice going on the 2lb too.

fancy nancy said...

What a cutie pie she is!!! Yahooo on the 2lb loss!

Patricia said...

Your little cousin is precious!
I just found out last night that my 15th grandbaby has been announced a boy. Love all my grandbabies!
Following via Welcome Wednesday. I am your newest GFC follower.

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

What a great blog! Happily following via Welcome Wednesday!

Ashley Jones said...

Found your blog & am following via Welcome Wednesday! Your blog is so inspiring!! You can visit/follow me back at "Keeping Up With the Joneses", www.zachandashleyjones.blogspot.com

Katie @ Will Race for Carbs said...

Good luck on 10K training. Should be a piece of cake after the half, right? And I too love it when my kids ask about being healthy. I know I am being a good role model for them. My son is doing his first race this Sunday (we were inspired by your son running a race!!).