HomeMy StoryRecipes

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

NO SHAME and a recipe!

ok, so am I the only person that has NO SHAME??  I will totally go places sweaty, stinky and gross! 
Am I alone?  please tell me I'm not??
on most days, it's just easier to workout and then run errands...who wants to waste all of the time showering, straightening my hair and putting on make-up?  ugh...makes me tired just thinking about it!  
maybe it's the former P.E teacher in me? I used to go to work in workout clothes, no make-up and was able to workout on my lunch break?  but that's not an excuse, IS IT?
I'm not gonna lie, THIS is what I usually look like and that's on a good day!  There, I've said my piece!


and now for an outstanding, family-approved, delicious and healthy recipe that you MUST try ASAP!!
I'm serious, it's THAT good! and SO easy!

Move It Momma Garlic Chicken Enchiladas
you'll need:
3-4 garlic chicken breasts- hang on, I'll explain!
carb balance tortillas- or tortilla of choice
1 can enchilada sauce
2% shredded cheese of choice
1 can black beans, drained


1. to make the Garlic Chicken- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, place them in freezer bag and add extra virgin olive oil to coat, along with 4-5 cloves of garlic, chopped.  Seal the baggie and rub the olive oil and garlic into chicken breasts, allow to sit for about an hour.  
Heat oven to 350, spray pan with non-stick spray and lay chicken breasts onto pan and bake for about 40-45 minutes or until cooked through.  
*I usually add extra garlic, because we LOVE garlic in our house!!  Guess it's the Italian in me!
2.  slice garlic chicken into thin strips
3.  layer a tortilla with beans, a little cheese and few strips of garlic chicken, 
roll up and place in pyrex lined with non-stick spray
4.  continue this process until all tortillas are made!
5.  spread can of enchilada sauce onto top of enchiladas, I used only about half of the can
6.  bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted through.

EASY TIP:
I make the garlic chicken with a a veggie for dinner one evening, make double the chicken (7-8 chicken breasts) and place half into foil for enchiladas the next night!  
there ya go, two recipes in one!!


Today's Workout:  
was cut short due to rain...AGAIN!  We headed out and at about mile 3, it started raining on us pretty good and with my son coughing lately, I didn't want to keep him out in the weather, so I put the cover on the stroller and ran back as fast as we could!  It was an okay workout and since it was raining, I came home soaking wet and sweaty...so, maybe I burned a few calories huh?  It's days and weeks like this where a gym membership would be REALLY handy :-(

5 comments:

fancy nancy said...

Recipe looks yummy! I am totally that person who goes out shopping while sweaty and gross!! It just takes way too much time to shower and what not...I'm out I might as well go do errands!

Christy J said...

I wish I could just head out in my workout gear...but I don't think my students would appreciate that. I run before school so I have to shower and get ready...which means I get up reeaalllllly early! :)

Anonymous said...

Recipe looks yummy! I'm a new follower! Would love a follow back!

Laura Boll said...

Mmm, sounds yummy! Yep- definitely another sweaty shopper over here. :)

Katie @ Will Race for Carbs said...

I also have no shame. I go everywhere sweaty and gross. It is a necessity! Don't be ashamed, just own it!