HomeMy StoryRecipes

Thursday, February 9, 2012

some of my favorite things...


as i was out running today, i was thinking of some of my most favorite items that we must keep in our house at all times to stay on track...here's just a few and I'll share more very soon
(and please excuse the capitalization errors, my son broke the shift key off of our laptop!!!)

joseph's!  I use these for sandwiches, pizzas, taco shells...the possibilities are endless and they taste great!



My most favorite high fiber cereal.  I like this plain, in a cup with a serving of almonds!  soooo good




fruits and veggies....enough said!  these are great paired with a lean protein at any time of the day



chia seeds and flaxseeds...great added to salads, oatmeal, soups, sauces...pretty much anything you can think of and you don't even know they're there!!



steel cut oats!  I love these and although they take a bit longer to cook, they taste so great and hearty!  My favorite way to enjoy these is with a little cinnamon and pumpkin puree...tastes like pumpkin pie!!!


Greek yogurt!  i use this as a substitute for sour cream on several of our favorite dishes.  as well as for veggie dips, substitute Greek yogurt for sour cream, add favorite dry packet and ENJOY...your friends and family will never know the difference.  I also enjoy this mixed with some cut up fruit and chia and flaxseeds!
  now it's your turn...what are some of YOUR favorite things??

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Favorite counter to the 3 pm chocolate chip cookie craving: 4 oz non fat Greek yogurt, 1 tbsp sugar free raspberry jam, 1/4 cup Cocoa Pebbles.

Unknown said...

Chobani yogurt is awesome.

jillconyers said...

Other than the Pita Bread (haven't tried that particular brand) we have the exact same favorites. I bet our weekly menus look very similar.

I just recently switched to Chobani. Love it and the texture is perfect.

Stop by Fitness Friday :)

[Fitness, Health and Happiness]

kimert said...

I keep hearing a lot about chia seeds. I think I need to learn to incorporate them in my life somehow! Love your list! :)

Laura Boll said...

Yummy! I agree with the above, although I still have not tried chia seeds. Not sure that I have anything to add... beans, maybe? We've been going through lots of those. :)

Kyria @ Travel Spot said...

I have not tried the pita, but I love flax, steel cut oats and Greek yogurt! I like to mix the yogurt with apples and cinnamon! Yum!

Katie @ Will Race for Carbs said...

Hummus and carrots! I will take it over chips any day of the week!

getfitchick said...

These are some of my faves too! Coming by from the blog hop!