HomeMy StoryRecipes

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

what a yummy treat!

thanks to all of your comments from my "frustrated" post, I am so fortunate to have readers like you!  Good news is that I'm doing better!  I ran the past few days for fun, not for distance or time, JUST FUN!!
...and it felt great!

**SPRING FEVER 10K/5K IS ALMOST HERE**
MAKE SURE YOU EMAIL ME AT RISSAROSE80@YAHOO.COM SO I CAN ADD YOU TO THE LIST AND SEND YOU A BIB!  IF YOU WEAR THE BIB AND SEND A PICTURE, THAT'S AN EXTRA ENTRY!  IF YOU BLOG, TWEET OR FB THE RACE AND SEND THE LINK, THAT'S ANOTHER ENTRY!!!  
REMEMBER, I HAVE BODYGLIDE, HIPPIE RUNNER, 
28 DAY BOOTCAMP VIDEOS, BONDIBAND AND OTHER GOODIES THAT I'LL ANNOUNCE THIS WEEK SO DON'T MISS OUT!



And look at this recipe that I adapted from Betty Crocker, I changed a few things
but I think this recipe would be great for a summer, swim party!
you'll need:
1/2 cubed angel food cake
1/2 c quartered strawberries
1/2 c blueberries
1/2 banana-sliced
2/3 c vanilla Greek yogurt
2 tbs toasted almonds

this recipe called for a cup of angel food cake, so I cut that back as well as adding blueberries instead of honeydew melon and mango.  Guess it's a taste preference!  I love blueberries and strawberries together!
I served mine in a small bowl, but if I had these cups wouldn't that have been a cute way of serving!


Welcome Wednesday is now open ALL week and will start NEW every Wednesday! 
Welcome to the "Welcome Wednesday" blog hop, hosted by Take It From MeHappy Hour Projects, and Let's Move It MommasWelcome Wednesday is a great way to meet new people and learn new things as well as increase your blog followers! So let's have some fun!!
If you want to be a part of Welcome Wednesday, just follow these 5 simple steps:
1. Follow us via Google Friend ConnectGoogle+, Facebook or Twitter, as well as the Spotlighted Blog of the Week! 
2. Link up your blog name and URL with our Linky. (You only need to add your info once for it will be seen on all the blog hops) 
3. Grab our Welcome Wednesday button and include it in a post about the event on your blog.
4. Go to as many blogs on the MckLinky as you want and Follow them. Be sure to tell them you are from Welcome Wednesday!
5. Be sure to Follow back any followers you have gained from our Welcome Wednesdayevent! 


8 comments:

Unknown said...

new follower from http://mamapapabarn.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

New follower from http://www.misadvmom.com Thanks for hosting!

Laura Boll said...

Yummy dessert idea! I'm excited to run... really hope my ankle is better for the weekend! I was hoping to do the 5k at Rice... we'll see!

Lisa Park said...

Thanks for the blog hop. Drop by Saving Cent by Cent when you have a chance. http://savingcentbycent.blogspot.com/

Elle said...

Marissa that looks wonderful... nice participation on your blog hop, I see.

Jonnique said...

Showing some blog hop love!!! Your newest follower. Thanks for highlighting my blog!!!

kimert said...

Did I sign up for that race?? Eeek. I can hardly remember things these days with how busy I am. Glad you are doing better and very happy to hear you have ran for fun!! Keep it up girlfriend!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the hop ladies!:) I am a new linky follower.