HomeMy StoryRecipes

Sunday, February 12, 2012

did someone say SNACK TIME?

some Pinterest 
 SNACK IDEAS 
that I will be trying this week...


How cute is this? banana pretzel snack
slice of a banana, spread PB around the banana, roll in Kashi Go Lean or GrapeNuts and stick a pretzel in the top!  Adorable and sounds delicious too!  I know my boys will LOVE this!


compliments of Cooking Light, look at this trail mix...
1/2 cup dried cherries, 2 c whole grain rice chex, 1/2 c unsalted pistachios, 3 c Kashi Go Lean Crunch!


are you noticing a Kashi trend in all of these yummy must-try recipes??  I told you that I love this cereal...


and from FakeGinger.com, look at these modified rice krispie treats!
2 tbs butter
1 bag marshmallows
1 box Kashi Go Lean
Melt butter and marshmallows, stir in cereal until coated, spray pan and spread cereal mixture and press down to flatten into pan.  Allow to cool and ENJOY!  So easy and sounds delicious right?  I mean, I could seriously eat an entire pan of rice krispie treats, so I better make sure I give these away once I get a little taste!  They sound SO good...




Today's workout:  5 mile run through the neighborhood.  It was nice getting out but was REALLY cold.  Probably sounds silly to most of you that have been experiencing snow for a few months, but today was in the 30's and very windy...so I bundled up and had a great run.
I swear, I wish I would have found a love for running earlier in my life.  It clears my mind and gives me so much fulfillment.  Strange how pushing myself and sweating can bring so much joy!  Ha!  anybody else think I sound crazy?  It's a feeling like no other.  You are competing against nobody but yourself and there's something SO cool about that!
Why do YOU love running?
If it isn't running, what type of workout gives you that feeling like you're invincible?
If you haven't found that exercise, keep looking...it's out there for ALL OF US!!!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

LOVE the runner's high! :) Great recipes...thanks for sharing!

Laura Boll said...

Mmmm, I love kashi cereals too. That prezel-banana snack is too cute!

kimert said...

Love Pinterest and all the yummy snacks!

Katie @ Will Race for Carbs said...

I love rice krispie treats too. So good and I bet GoLean would taste great in them.

I love running for all the reasons you said. It is fantastic!!

Penny said...

Awesome recipes. Love Kashi