HomeMy StoryRecipes

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

staying committed!

another great go-to recipe that my family seriously loved, and I threw this one together in minutes!  VERY simple, you can't mess it up and the whole family will thank you for it!  I know the canned beans and meats aren't the healthiest option, BUT when you're short on time and don't want your family eating out, this is a great recipe that's healthier than A LOT of other menu ideas!

Move It Mommas QUICK Chicken Tacos
You'll need:
1 can white meat chicken breasts or a store bought rotisserie...either is easy, but healthier would be to grill or bake chicken breasts and slice it up!
1 can Mexicorn with the juice
1 can black beans-drained and rinsed
1/4 pkg taco seasoning
a little water for simmering...
salsa, lettuce, onion, avocado, plain Greek yogurt-all your choice for garnish!

 Dump, simmer and SERVE!  
Easy, right?  I added a little water to simmer for about 10minutes!
I served with my whole wheat tortillas turned into tostadas...same idea as my taco shells.  
Place tortillas in oven at 375 until crispy, serve mixture on top of crunchy tortilla and we chose to top with salsa and Greek yogurt!  sooooo good!  I'm thinking this is great for the evenings where we have a million things to do and baseball or soccer practice!


...and today I woke up a new woman!  I must admit, once I find the motivation...I can kick butt!  Or at least, I hope I can?!  Ha!  Last night, all I could think about was the things I wanted to accomplish.  The new goals I wanted to set for myself.  The way I wanted to feel this summer!  
I think a lot of times when we commit to a healthy lifestyle, new workout goals, a race, losing weight or whatever...I think we have a hard time picturing the end result?
We want to know what it will feel like to accomplish that goal we've set out to complete.  
Don;t you agree?  I like to think about what it will feel like to reach it!  Helps motivate myself! 
I think it would help to picture ourselves at that point...the place we WANT to get to.  Where we want our goals to take us.  BUT we never stop trying, never stop reaching for a higher goal.  
The fun part is pushing ourselves further than we thought possible, right?  
How do you push yourself toward reaching a new goal? 

and look at my sweet boy enjoying his Edamame.  He rode his bike 4 miles the other day, as I ran right alongside him while pushing his little brother in the stroller!  This boy LOVES to eat healthy and be healthy...my goodness, I sure hope I'm raising these boys to lead healthy lifestyles and never struggle the way I did growing up!  It's a huge fear living in the back of my mind each and every day.  
today's workout:  4 miles with a friend...we did intervals and it actually worked out great!  it was a nice change, but I still feel VERY under prepared for the 10k on Saturday. 
Last year there were 13,000 participants and they are expecting this year to be larger.  Whew, hope I survive! 
I'd love to set some awesome goal, but with race day being only a few days away, I think I better just say I'll do my best and have fun!!
*I'm so happy that more of you are signing up for my Spring Fever virtual race!  Keep spreading the word, it's working...THANK YOU :-)





Welcome Wednesday is now open ALL week and will start NEW every Wednesday! 
Welcome to the "Welcome Wednesday" blog hop, hosted by Take It From MeHappy Hour Projects, and Let's Move It MommasWelcome Wednesday is a great way to meet new people and learn new things as well as increase your blog followers! So let's have some fun!!
If you want to be a part of Welcome Wednesday, just follow these 5 simple steps:
1. Follow us via Google Friend ConnectGoogle+, Facebook or Twitter, as well as the Spotlighted Blog of the Week! 
2. Link up your blog name and URL with our Linky. (You only need to add your info once for it will be seen on all the blog hops) 
3. Grab our Welcome Wednesday button and include it in a post about the event on your blog.
4. Go to as many blogs on the MckLinky as you want and Follow them. Be sure to tell them you are from Welcome Wednesday!
5. Be sure to Follow back any followers you have gained from our Welcome Wednesdayevent!

10 comments:

misszippy said...

That meal looks really good--and easy is a bonus. Enjoy the race on Sunday!

Elle said...

I think you will have a great time on Saturday... it's your first 10k so just enjoy it and the atmosphere.

Unknown said...

You will do great! I hadn't done a lot of 6 mile runs when I did my first 10k. I told myself I was going to take it easy, especially the first half, but I settled into a fast (for me at the time) pace - and it felt good, so I stuck with it. I totally killed the goal I had in mind. Granted, it was low expectations since I just wanted to finish and not walk.

Unknown said...

Happy to be a new follower via the Take It From Me blog hop! LOVE the easy, peasy recipe and the inspirational quote! Recipes and inspiration all wrapped into one great post. Love it!

Happy seeing beautiful!

http://seeabeautifulworld.blogspot.com/

Katie @ Will Race for Carbs said...

Good luck on the 10K this weekend! Love your easy recipes! YOur son is so cute. Those dimples are going to break a lot of hearts! Happy Wednesday Marissa!!

Amy said...

Looks good! My kids love beans, we'll have to try it!

Little City Farm said...

Thanks for hosting - just started to follow you. :)

Anonymous said...

First time visitor and follower! Great to meet you. Looks like a mighty tasty dinner and one the kids would eat with a slight modification. I'd have to substitute something for the corn. I'll try it out over the weekend.

XOXO, Michelle said...

I am back on the "lets lose 10 lbs" wagon... Not easy!!

Stopping by/following from WW!

XOXO
Paula

Allison Downes said...

New GFC Follower! hope you can follow me back!

www.giveawayhog.blogspot.com