HomeMy StoryRecipes

Monday, March 28, 2011

for the KIDS!

Wanted to share a few websites that I use to help teach my children the importance of a healthy lifestyle! Growing up as an overweight child and teen myself, I know that it's NEVER too early to teach my children about healthy eating, exercise and taking care of our heart!


Filled with games and activities that help teach your children about the food pyramid, fruits and vegetables, serving sizes, vitamins, minerals and MUCH more!


Healthy eating tips for kids, snack ideas, outdoor games and activities


Healthy eating tips, exercise plans, nutrition info, Heart Health for your entire family plus MORE!


Although I used this for teaching P.E. and health, I have found some great activities to do with my boys as well! Just search your child's age and TONS of activities will pull up...even exercise/games you can do as a family :)


*How do I know what I am teaching them is being understood?! Well, tonight as I was cleaning the kitchen after dinner, my four year old was running around our living room.

When I asked him to STOP his response was,

"Mom, I'm working my heart muscle and whew it feels good!"

Ahhh, I love this house full of hilarious BOYS :)


3 comments:

M.O.T.B said...

Too cute! I shredded tonight...ugh~!

Unknown said...

ha! that is too funny "heart muscle!" LOL! very cute! i am definitely going to follow this blog! having baby #2 within 16 days...so i will be needing the extra support! lol :)

thanks for stopping by, too!! and you should do a menu plan - make life so much easier!!

wacki04@TheKing'sCourt IV said...

I saw your post on your garden and I'd love to showcase it in my Gardening 101 series! I'm learning how to garden and am showcasing other's gardens/tips, and would love to feature you!

New follower from Follow Me, Chickadee Tuesdays! Hope you can stop by and return the follow :)

Cristi
http://thekingscourt4.blogspot.com/