HomeMy StoryRecipes

Monday, March 21, 2011

a question and a snack idea too!

Now that my running journey has started and I'm about a week into it, I've noticed that running through our neighborhood and around the lakes with a four year old and a one year old has its challenges...so, I'm curious,
WHERE DO YOU RUN? DO YOU RUN ALONE?!
I have the B.O.B Revolution dualle jogging stroller, and its very nice but my four year old wants to ride his bike-with training wheels. I am so proud that he can keep up and pedal for 3-4 miles, but I can't help but think about the fact that running alone may have its perks too?! What do ya think?!

Fun, Easy Snack idea:
Take a skewer, start with 3 slices of apple, a cube of cheese, three grapes, cube of cheese, small slice of banana covered in peanut butter and THERE YA GO...a perfect healthy, FUN snack that your whole family will enjoy! I make these ahead of time, that way we can grab one right out of the fridge and ENJOY :)

9 comments:

kimert said...

The snack sounds yummy!!

If I have to run alone I prefer that to be on the treadmill. Running outside alone is tough for me. I prefer to have my running buddies by my side!

Unknown said...

I don't run with my kids...it's too much work! I enjoy mixing it up - running with friends, running alone outside or on the treadmill. I like the treadmill for pace work. I like running with friends because it's distracting and makes the time go by faster but it's less effective for me because I talk (a lot!) and am going along with the group pace and not my own (although this does benefit me when the group is made up of better runners than I). When I run alone I have my Garmin and Ipod and just focus on hitting a specific mileage and pace goal. It's not as boring as I thought it would be.

M.O.T.B said...

This sounds yummy! I prefer to run alone so I can listen to music and not have to worry.

cooperl788 said...

I only run alone. I was a couch potato before Georgia was born, so I never registered for a jogging stroller, and now I'm too cheap to buy one because we never use the one she has.
But really, I like to exercise before my family gets up, around 5AM. That's my alone time, my time to recharge and destress before the day gets going. Having a toddler there would be the antithesis of that.

Run with Jess said...

I prefer to run alone when I can (especially during training)... but I also enjoy running with the kid in the double-jogger. We usually head out to a trail, one is rock, one is paved. They like listening to the birds, yelling at the geese and other rodents that cross our paths.

Carly said...

I run alone because I don't have a kid. However, if I did have one, I think I'd try to get out alone. It would give you a break.

April Westerhold said...

I run alone. I have run a couple of times with the kiddos but then they have to pee, need a drink, hungry, etc. etc. It's my "me" time.

Running Ricig said...

I mostly run alone, but sometimes my pup tags along for a few miles or my husband comes with me. I kind of wish I had more running friends because alone can = boring.

Kristina Everhart said...

I usally run alone at the gym. If I'm running outside I generally have my 18 month old in her jogging stroller.