HomeMy StoryRecipes

Sunday, March 27, 2011

whoops...

Yep, I pulled out my Pioneer Woman cookbook and it all went downhill from there...
I made her blackberry cobbler, using blueberries instead...and adding some flaxseed meal in there for some omega-3's and fiber(Ha!) Here's where I explain myself: When it comes to being healthy and providing healthy options for my family, I'd say I do a pretty good job! I usually keep tempting, high-calorie foods out of our home to where my hubby and I, as well as our children know that healthy foods taste great and they won't need the alternatives that swarm us at the grocery store. BUT I was craving something yummy and delicious and this was IT...whew, watch out! This recipe was DELICIOUS...sooooo delicious. Maybe because we really don't eat sweets or maybe because we haven't had a cobbler in who knows how long... who cares the reason-IT WAS GOOD! How will I fix the fact that I ate two slices??! Hmmm, by waking up at 6:30 and shooting for my five mile run??! YEP, so wish me luck...I'm going for it tomorrow, NO EXCUSES!!! *and for the record, I did really well this weekend...cooking some really great, healthy recipes that I'll be sharing with you all very soon, as well as a great Saturday morning run that was SO relaxing and felt great!

5 comments:

Carly said...

We all need to indulge a little. I had some cake this weekend at a gathering and it was divine. No regrets at all!

cooperl788 said...

The Pioneer Woman can be very dangerous. But tasty. Good luck on your run today!! I love that you add flaxseed to most everything. I do as well, and my husband can barely taste the difference.

kimert said...

I love PW!!!

Chunky Monkey said...

I love blueberry cobbler. Yum! I think sporadic treats are just fine...definately healthier and fresher than what you would find in the grocery store. Enjoy your run!

chris mcpeake said...

A little cobbler never hurt anyone