HomeMy StoryRecipes

Thursday, March 10, 2011

My PIZZA creation that your family will LOVE!

I had an idea to make this healthy pizza with all these yummy toppings
and I wanted to see how my family would enjoy it...
and let me tell ya, I was SUPER happy with the outcome and so were they!


Now that you've seen the deliciousness, wanna try it?!
Move It Momma's Turkey and Spinach Pizza
You'll Need:
whole wheat thin pizza crust
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
2 tbs flaxseed meal
garlic salt
2 cups spinach
1/2 canned stewed tomatoes-no sugar added
1/2 lb browned, ground lean turkey
1/2 onion
1/2 package 2% mozzarella shredded cheese

Heat oven to 350. Brown turkey meat with 1/2 chopped onion.
Lay out pizza crust, spread extra virgin olive oil on crust
and sprinkle with garlic salt, then flaxseed meal.
Spread drained stewed tomatoes on crust, top with spinach.
Place turkey meat on top of spinach and then top with
mozzarella cheese! Sounds yummy, right?!
Now pop in the oven for 20 minutes or until crust is crispy and cheese is bubbly :)
Ok listen up...this pizza is G.O.O.D! I was pretty impressed because most of the time when I've tried to create a healthy pizza, they just don't turn out tasting all that great, but this one...WATCH OUT! My husband LOVED it and the boys couldn't get enough. I can't talk them into eating spinach but when it was under some turkey and cheese, they were FINE with it :) Go figure!! If you try it, let me know...I'd love to know what your family thinks too!
**AND the best part of this recipe...you can make two meals out of it!
Take the other 1/2 lb browned turkey meat with onion, add 1/2 tsp cumin and 1/2 tsp chili powder and now you've got taco meat! So, I layered a carb balance tortilla with the taco meat, black beans, sliced avocado and romaine lettuce, topped it with 2% cheddar and some plain greek yogurt(in place of sour cream)
SOOOO yummy, healthy and saves you some money too!
Today's Workout:
My hubby LOVES to run and to be honest, I'm not the fastest runner so I get frustrated with it a lot. He talked me into doing a 5K this morning, which was great in this perfect weather we've been having here, but I was pretty tired. We came home and decided to do the Team Fonda-Ultra Bootcamp workout I reviewed a while back. He thought it was going to be a "girly" workout and boy, was he wrong! He was dripping in sweat and saying that the woman on the video was kicking his butt!!! Why did I love that so much??! Ha!
SO, today was a great workout and hopefully I will be able to get outta bed in the morning!

6 comments:

Praises from a Wife and Mommy! said...

This looks good! :) I am a new follower! Have a great FRIDAY!

Diane said...

YUMMY! The crust and everything looks perfect to eat. :O)

Becky Barrett Beitzel said...

I am so excited that I found your blog!

I am currently working towards my last 30 pounds of weight loss to my 80 pound weight loss total! I have put off losing this last 30 pounds for almost TWO YEARS! but has of just this week and i gotten committed again!!

newest follower :)

i would love a follow back
http://bisforbeitzel.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Thanks for following my blog! I'm your newest follower :) By the way, this looks so yummy!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the 5k girl! I never find a pizza crust I like - yours looks delish

Elle said...

I don't think I could get my hubby to touch that with a ten foot pole...if he knew what was on it anyway. I might can do it without him seeing it till time to eat...lol.

New follower. Simple Wyrdings