HomeMy StoryRecipes

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

USANA review...and my running journey update too!

Did you know that USANA vitamins and supplements are one of the highest rated in the world? Recently, I was given the opportunity to review several of their products, and so far I am impressed. I was most excited about the children's vitamins, Usanimals and turns out, my boys loved them! Usanimals are free of artificial flavors/sweeteners, support healthy immune function, and they contain an antioxidant-rich formula that cannot be found with a lot of children's vitamins on the market today. As for myself and husband, we've tried the Fibergy and think this product works great! Fibergy is a flavorless fiber blend that contains 12 grams of dietary fiber per serving. This product promotes digestive health, and is gluten, dairy and soy free. Not sure about all of you, but I can use all the fiber that I can, the older that I get :) I even added this formula to our daily smoothies! So yummy! Proflavonol C100 is another USANA product that I was eager to try, because with flu season, I like to pump up my immune system as much as possible around this time of year. These supplements tasted great, easy to swallow and with the added grape-seed extract, they contain more powerful antioxidants! I'm excited to learn more about USANA and you can too by visiting their website and seeing for yourself!

"Move It Momma" Running Journey, Day 6:
As you can see from my DailyMile widget on my right sidebar, I have been sticking to my plan and feel as though my pace has improved and I have more confidence! Yay! As for motivation, I find that through my husband and his weight-loss, running journey(click link to read his story!), and through the running blogs I told you about before, and I have a friend that's taking this journey with me! It's always great to have a friend to hold each other accountable and reach the goals as a team! Wooohooo! So, today we completed 4 miles in 41 minutes, which I don't think is TOO shabby, huh?! While my four year old rode his bike, and I pushed my 1 year old and her 1 year old in the B.O.B stroller! I'm just proud that I'm sticking to it and today was the first time where I felt in the "zone" and that I could keep going...although I was still pretty whooped! LOL!
Oh and I'm still incorporating RushFit into my workouts during the week as well as my indoor cycling bike! With all of these intense workouts,
I hope to see some changes in myself physically?! We'll see!
I'd love any tips/suggestions my running friends may have for me in regards to seeing the best results?! Days to run per week? Miles each run?
I'd love to lose about 15lbs!
I know I have a degree in health/exercise, however I am NOT a running expert!!

4 comments:

kimert said...

I can't ever reply back to you when you comment on my blog, but I wanted to tell you how much I appreciate your constant support! 5'10!?!?!? I am SO jealous! I am only 5'3 so you can imagine how much 7 inches would help me. LOL
I know you can reach your running goal! Keep putting one foot in front of the other. :)

cooperl788 said...

Good for you for sticking with your running! You're doing really well - 4 miles in 41 minutes is incredible! I don't really have any advice for you; I'm just a few months into my running journey. But I will say that I try not to run every day. I do every other day, and on the off-days, I do strength training. I heard that you shouldn't really run more than 3 or 4 days a week.

runkatie said...

AWESOME AWESOME job on your run! You are awesome! I remember the first time I felt in "the zone". It is a moment I'll remember for a long time!

To be honest, the CVS running experience was fun, but I probably won't do it again unless I have someone with me. It was along busy roads in a not-so-great part of town. I'm glad I survived!

I try to run about 4 times a week, plus one day on an elliptical. It seems to be working well in keeping my strength and endurance high, although I've been eating too much to lose any weight! I'm going to try to eat a little healthier and see if it makes a difference.

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

Great job!! have you caught the bug? :)

I run 4x a week training for my 2nd marathon. For my first I ran 5 days, but I want to protect te ole joints.

I like incorporating speed days in there to improve times!