HomeMy StoryRecipes

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Our garden and my GOAL for the morning!


...filled with string beans, okra, tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini and some strawberries too!
And wanna know the best part? My husband and two boys built it, filled it and planted it too!
Yay!
Now let's hope they do really well and
we are able to enjoy fresh fruit and veggies all summer long!
My run for tomorrow: You might wonder why I'm posting the night before the run, but its to hold myself accountable! If I post this, it'll push me to DO IT! I WANT to run five miles tomorrow with my increased pace, alone without my running buddy and no jogging stroller...hm, not sure if this is a great goal or not but I am determined to do it! My alarm is set for 6:30, so WISH ME LUCK! PLEASE?!

7 comments:

Chunky Monkey said...

Good luck with your run! I love gardening! We just went out and tilled this past weekend. I had a few survivors from last year that included strawberries, onions and I was surprised to see the brussel sprout plants. Of course this got me excited to go get some spinach, lettuce and more onions. Will plant more once it gets warmer. Have you ever tried growing Asparagus?

cooperl788 said...

I'm so jealous of your beautiful garden! Our backyard is possibly the worst place ever for a veggie garden; there are so many critters who would want to take a taste. Good luck on your run tomorrow - you can do it!!

Unknown said...

Good luck! And way to be accountable. My goal is a 6 mile run on Sunday - my peronally made up training plan was to hit 6 miles by the end of the month, so I guess it's time to do it!

Unknown said...

Good luck! I'm just now starting to work out again after having my baby and I'm loving it again! Following you back now!

Running Ricig said...

hahah, good luck on your run! fresh veggies are awesome!! Too bad I'm too lazy to plant my own garden, I'll live vicariously through yours.

Amy said...

I've been wanting a raised bed like that for my garden too! So jealous. Good luck on your run.

Elena (Running in Heels After Child) said...

I love the garden, we need to build a new box and plant ours.

I hope the run goes great tomorrow, sometimes I have the best runs when I run alone. It give me time to focus on myself and running, and sometimes I make friends on the trail.

Happy running,

elena